Kenny Sanchez Videos

Nice Kenny.

Interesting that you’re not a ‘saw stower’

Neither am I, just can’t seem to get the habit.

It's very interesting to see the vids from different climbers and looking at the differences in style, gear and technique.

Concerning the mistake, you should take the time to clean the cutting area of all the wines and twigs. They are able to lead you in some unexpected moves.
If you remove this small stuff, you don't need to move away so far your chainsaw and you keep a better control on it.

That was quick!
I'll be the one to ask though, where's your second tie-in? you brought your climb line up with you but only used your flipline for the whole thing. Might come back to bite you one day.
And when you got to the bottom, mate, take a bit of time, get rid of your flipline, don't just leave it hanging loose off your harness, you're asking to trip on it or hit it with your saw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks August. I'm always watching your stuff brother.
Keep it up Kenny. Shoot shoot shoot. Upload.

Aug

Very good pointers. This is why i like to share my work. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Thank you for your input.
That was quick!
I'll be the one to ask though, where's your second tie-in? you brought your climb line up with you but only used your flipline for the whole thing. Might come back to bite you one day.
And when you got to the bottom, mate, take a bit of time, get rid of your flipline, don't just leave it hanging loose off your harness, you're asking to trip on it or hit it with your saw.

I agree. Thanks for your input.
It's very interesting to see the vids from different climbers and looking at the differences in style, gear and technique.

Concerning the mistake, you should take the time to clean the cutting area of all the wines and twigs. They are able to lead you in some unexpected moves.
If you remove this small stuff, you don't need to move away so far your chainsaw and you keep a better control on it.

Hi Kenny,

Whats with the towels under the spikes?

Just a quick observation... BTW I am no saint and far from perfect but if I may.

IMO there was no need to gob all the chunks down. A step cut would have worked better in that situation. It is one less cut and you cut through the hinge on all the sections bar the top and the final cut. So, no need for the face cut and back cut. Also you wouldn't need to reach over the bar to push and steer the sections as you did each time you severed the hinge. Step cut, remove saw and push. Probably a lot quicker in the long run and safer.

The other comments mentioned about your life line, so I won't go there. At least you had it up there with you. ;)

Keep the cameras rolling though.

Cheers bud.

It took a big chunk of wood for me to put an underbed in it.

I usually just cut straight through and pushed.

Hey Rich thanks for your input brother. All good pointers indeed. The towels are my personal pads :lol: my gecko pads are worn out and I'm too cheap to buy new ones.
Hi Kenny,

Whats with the towels under the spikes?

Just a quick observation... BTW I am no saint and far from perfect but if I may.

IMO there was no need to gob all the chunks down. A step cut would have worked better in that situation. It is one less cut and you cut through the hinge on all the sections bar the top and the final cut. So, no need for the face cut and back cut. Also you wouldn't need to reach over the bar to push and steer the sections as you did each time you severed the hinge. Step cut, remove saw and push. Probably a lot quicker in the long run and safer.

The other comments mentioned about your life line, so I won't go there. At least you had it up there with you. ;)

Keep the cameras rolling though.

Cheers bud.

"Don't be stubborn like me!" :lol:

Good work...good teaching moments there, too. Glad to see that 2nd tie in...maybe you're not totally stubborn.:D

Kenny, the stubs fight you way more with climbing than rigging. If you gaff out, those stubs will do damage to a person, if Murphy's Law kicks in. No Stubs! They slow you down.

Use your climbing system below your lanyard. Without stubs, you will be able to just slide your systems down the stem. If you damage your lanyard, your full strength climbing system is good to go. You can cut just above your lanyard, and be safe...choking climbing system below.

When you snap cut, you can easily cut from the far side, toward you, "back-chaining" with the top of the bar. When you cut your second cut, it MUST be below/ more inward to the first cut. This prevents saw snatch. When you push off the block away from you (strong position), your saw can stay in the snap cut. Lock your chain-brake, if you like. Hang the saw, if you like. Body at 6:00 position, dropzone at 12:00.

Lifting and holding is a waste of energy, wear/ tear, and time. Lifting and twisting, no bueno for your back.

Orient you choked climbing biner so the rope runs more to the spine side than the gate side. "Gate up" keeps the gate from pressing on the trunk.

Keep on rocking and filming!

My biggest worry with stubs is getting a rope or roped limb hung up on it.

I hate having to go down...

deal with that shit...

Thanks for your input Sean.
Kenny, the stubs fight you way more with climbing than rigging. If you gaff out, those stubs will do damage to a person, if Murphy's Law kicks in. No Stubs! They slow you down.

Use your climbing system below your lanyard. Without stubs, you will be able to just slide your systems down the stem. If you damage your lanyard, your full strength climbing system is good to go. You can cut just above your lanyard, and be safe...choking climbing system below.

When you snap cut, you can easily cut from the far side, toward you, "back-chaining" with the top of the bar. When you cut your second cut, it MUST be below/ more inward to the first cut. This prevents saw snatch. When you push off the block away from you (strong position), your saw can stay in the snap cut. Lock your chain-brake, if you like. Hang the saw, if you like. Body at 6:00 position, dropzone at 12:00.

Lifting and holding is a waste of energy, wear/ tear, and time. Lifting and twisting, no bueno for your back.

Orient you choked climbing biner so the rope runs more to the spine side than the gate side. "Gate up" keeps the gate from pressing on the trunk.

Keep on rocking and filming!

Back