Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Kenny Sanchez Videos

TreeHouser Sponsor

It's very interesting to see the vids from different climbers and looking at the differences in style, gear and technique.

Concerning the mistake, you should take the time to clean the cutting area of all the wines and twigs. They are able to lead you in some unexpected moves.
    If you remove this small stuff, you don't need to move away so far your chainsaw and you keep a better control on it.

Pine Tree Removal - No Editing
    https://youtu.be/WKSlUOYa4eo
    "Humble enough to know I'm not better than anybody & wise enough to know that I'm different from the rest."
    Kenny Sanchez

Acolyte of the short bar Sponsor Bermy's Avatar

That was quick!
    I'll be the one to ask though, where's your second tie-in? you brought your climb line up with you but only used your flipline for the whole thing. Might come back to bite you one day.
    And when you got to the bottom, mate, take a bit of time, get rid of your flipline, don't just leave it hanging loose off your harness, you're asking to trip on it or hit it with your saw.
    Keep smiling, they will wonder what you're up to...

Originally Posted by woodworkingboy
    It's always better when people get the feeling that they will regret their decision, before they have to regret their decision.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

Two is one, one is NONE.

Thanks August. I'm always watching your stuff brother.
    Quote Originally Posted by August Hunicke View Post
    Keep it up Kenny. Shoot shoot shoot. Upload.

Aug
    Very good pointers. This is why i like to share my work. No one is perfect and we all make mistakes. Thank you for your input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bermy View Post
    That was quick!
    I'll be the one to ask though, where's your second tie-in? you brought your climb line up with you but only used your flipline for the whole thing. Might come back to bite you one day.
    And when you got to the bottom, mate, take a bit of time, get rid of your flipline, don't just leave it hanging loose off your harness, you're asking to trip on it or hit it with your saw.
    I agree. Thanks for your input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc-Antoine View Post
    It's very interesting to see the vids from different climbers and looking at the differences in style, gear and technique.

Concerning the mistake, you should take the time to clean the cutting area of all the wines and twigs. They are able to lead you in some unexpected moves.
    If you remove this small stuff, you don't need to move away so far your chainsaw and you keep a better control on it.
    "Humble enough to know I'm not better than anybody & wise enough to know that I'm different from the rest."
    Kenny Sanchez

IMHO the HH shines in those take downs.
    Peter

Yes, the HH is perfect for what Kenny does.

Hi Kenny,

Whats with the towels under the spikes?

Just a quick observation... BTW I am no saint and far from perfect but if I may.

IMO there was no need to gob all the chunks down. A step cut would have worked better in that situation. It is one less cut and you cut through the hinge on all the sections bar the top and the final cut. So, no need for the face cut and back cut. Also you wouldn't need to reach over the bar to push and steer the sections as you did each time you severed the hinge. Step cut, remove saw and push. Probably a lot quicker in the long run and safer.

The other comments mentioned about your life line, so I won't go there. At least you had it up there with you.

Keep the cameras rolling though.

Cheers bud.
    Rich.

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

It took a big chunk of wood for me to put an underbed in it.

I usually just cut straight through and pushed.

Hey Rich thanks for your input brother. All good pointers indeed. The towels are my personal pads my gecko pads are worn out and I'm too cheap to buy new ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggun View Post
    Hi Kenny,

Whats with the towels under the spikes?

Just a quick observation... BTW I am no saint and far from perfect but if I may.

IMO there was no need to gob all the chunks down. A step cut would have worked better in that situation. It is one less cut and you cut through the hinge on all the sections bar the top and the final cut. So, no need for the face cut and back cut. Also you wouldn't need to reach over the bar to push and steer the sections as you did each time you severed the hinge. Step cut, remove saw and push. Probably a lot quicker in the long run and safer.

The other comments mentioned about your life line, so I won't go there. At least you had it up there with you.

Keep the cameras rolling though.

Cheers bud.
    Kenny Sanchez