Kenny Sanchez Videos

That was cool, but I LOVED your unedited pine removal vid that came up after that one. You got smooth technique bro... I'm diggin it. Yeah... a freakin Echo 355 will wipe the floor with BOTH (Husq, and Stihl) of the computer-carb saws. Sad times indeed.

Yep specially in the rain, like climbing soap. The 355t is under estimated by a lot of people, but I've owned this one for about 9 months now and so far so good. Always starts, rips nicely and good on fuel.
Hey Kenny, glad to see someone rocking the Echo saws. I have a certain fondness for them, since that's what I started with when I was doing property maintenance down in Florida a dozen or so years ago. Plus, as a design school grad, I really appreciate their industrial design over the German & Swedish gear (which I'm now using on a daily basis). If we could get a modded 2511T like August's, we might try one for pruning work -- but unlikely to supplant the Stihl 200T as the saw of choice for our usual big hardwood removals.

I'm not saying anything about mechanical engineering chops, which the Germans & Swedes have in spades (I have a bit o' both bloodlines in me). When speaking of industrial design, I'm talking about the housing and ergonomics, which I think the US & Japanese excel at in this case. Every time I pull out one of our Husqvarna saws I am forever reminded of the film Crazy People -- the slogan the looney bin folks came up with for Volvo:
They're boxy, but they're good.
volvos.jpg

Just to complete the thought, take Jonsered for example, Husqvarna's other imprint brand. Manufactured in the same factory in Sweeden, it has a lot more of a svelte, sleek look to it. For some reason, Husqvarna takes great pride in the boxy look, almost as if it is their trademark akin to the all-orange coloration. Our Jonsered CS 2255 is a great saw (just finally got it back from a friend we loaned it to over winter for firewood duty) -- more power than our 346XP. So I don't know why Husq can't adapt a little bit with their industrial look and go for some curves and sleeker lines, instead of the straight boxy look. Even Stihl's recent round of equipment is going for a bit more of a 2-tone look and a little sleeker housing than its former classic, boxy package.
P1330380.jpg

I've never picked up any tool in my life and thought "i wish this was sexier..." :lol:

I doubt that. Really? How about comparing a Snap On dual 80 to a Craftsman raised panel 36 tooth, or a Harbor Freight flux core mig to, well, just about any other welder? = Sexiness! The fit, the feel, the finish, the smoothness, the performance.

Hahahahahaha Peter, good one!! I demand performance, but how it looks means nothing to me at all... so when it comes to tools i guess i like fat chicks :D

Not here either...my lady gets all bent out of shape when the scale shows she's gone over 105 by a few tenths of a pound :D.

Hey Kenny, glad to see someone rocking the Echo saws. I have a certain fondness for them, since that's what I started with when I was doing property maintenance down in Florida a dozen or so years ago.
Echo CS-310 really saved the day for us yesterday -- re-affirmed my strong affinity for them. The job was taking down 2 ash trees, leave all wood, chip the brush. So we had a lot of limbing and bucking to do. 200T was up in the tree, of course. 201T was down due to a muffler problem. Jonsered was down due to a carb problem. 395 bar had a sprocket issue, so it was down. 372 chain was on its last sharpening, so we absolutely needed it for the felling, big bucking and stump cuts -- couldn't risk it near the ground limbing the firewood. So I trotted out the personal Echo and it saved the day for sure, limbing and bucking a whole lotta wood yesterday. Very light and the 14" bar was fine -- started every time on the first pull. We even used it in the tree for the final back leader on the spar -- 31CCs did okay!

If I were starting my own company, you can be sure what gear I would be starting out with (great value proposition -- price/performance). Now, maybe down the road I would switch over to the revered German gear, but for sure I would be starting with... starting with.... starting with...

Meanwhile, on the crew we're starting to get a sense that Swedish gear may be a dead end street around these parts. The main saw shop we have gone to carries both Swede and German gear (seems unusual to carry both lines, but hey). But there are some tensions there with the manager and a pretty laissez faire attitude on their part toward responsibility and repairs. They're the only game around for Swedish stuff, and they're 20 mi in the wrong direction. So we may begin to migrate toward German stuff more fully as we have need of new saws -- mostly for better support and availability around here.

Crepe Myrtle -- that's the one tree I approve of hat racking. But you know, personal preference and all that. I was so sad when a customer commanded hat racking of an ornamental magnolia, just so you could see the house better from the road. Wrong species for that!

Back