New look to the forum?

Perhaps ya'll couldn't see it because you aren't admin, but I liked it because it told me the number of unread posts, which was something I would very much like to know. Each time I viewed them it would reset to zero, so when next I checked it would again tell me how many posts were made since the last time.

I could gauge the activity within certain time periods, which was (again) something I'd like to know. That type of data is interesting to me.

I can still do that, but not nearly as easy as using that tab. Vbulletin made a moron move not allowing that add-on.

I should have left well enough alone.

That feature displayed for us too, and the number dropped as you viewed posts/threads.

I found it interesting to kind of gauge activity like you said. I can see how it would've been very handy to you.

I miss it as well, the first thing I checked every day. Then how many members were on today and who is on now.

I usually log on about 6pm, that's about 1am in Louisiana or 11.30pm in California. So I knew how many posts that day, still keep looking there from habit.

Usually have a look in again before I go to bed, some of you guys either stay up really late or get up really early.

I mean getting up for my day. Lol. Not staying up until 2am. I'm lucky to make 10pm most nights.

That Cheeta GIF was priceless.

I have days where I don't post, because I read posts on my phone and I can't post from that.

When we work near Copenhagen I leave at 5 in the morning in order to avoid getting stuck in traffic.
I simply don't have the temperament for that, drives me bonkers.

So I get to the logging area at 6.15-6.30 and it isn't light till 8.00.
Put on the cabin heater, lay down and catch some Zzzzs.
But lately I've gotten in the habit of checking the 'House, if there is signal where I'm parked.

Picture this guy, all alone in the dark woods, except for the doggies, laying across the front seats in a comfy, warm truck, seeing what buddies all over the world have been up to.

Makes for a nice mental picture, doesn't it:)

Back