PPE et al

I wish I had a pic of Dave Bryants helmet after he got clocked. It was cracked from top all the way down the back side, skull splitter fore sure if not for that helmet. There's a thread somewhere on AS about it.

The army had a bunch of PPE, right down to special socks and underwear. Most troops carried a few domers, I tried to carry as many as I could.

Much of the issued clothes had anti-chemical/biological/nuclear qualities (they smelled funny)

Domers = condoms.

When garrisoned under garments were civilian, issued was uncomfortable.

Didn't Jed's company have a puncture incident with a Protos? I wonder how some of the other choices fare with similar impacts?

That could have been really bad.

I know I sometimes make a lot of noise about getting far away from the stump...some peeps say in the forest setting it is more important, that in the urban/suburban setting not too much.

I say, look at this video and think about that.
;)

Last edited:
Extremely lucky. By not much more than 1 inch.
That's a design flaw. The helmet shouldn't have something catchy on it, even to make it looking cool. One property asked to a helmet is to deviate a blow as much as possible, surely not grab it. The difference in the amount of energy transfered to the helmet and the body can be considerable. In some circonstances, that wouldn't make much a difference (either ways), but in some others, you can be injured or killed insteed of just ouchy.

Thank the helmet
, the engineers behind it, and dumb luck he's only minorly hurt. Hopefully, he learns to look up when falling trees.

Looking up is much better than hoping for supernatural intervention.

Surely, but there is a reason professions should be spending a lot of time looking up. The saw is committed to the kerf and extension of the kerf.

A good sawyer watches all around.
Watching the saw cut for the whole back cut on a tree that will move on its own, then watching it lay into an open field of snow while walking away from the stump without watching overhead is not a pro move.

Back