Legal Pot In Cali

Same here Kevin, but I didn't want to be the one who said something.... #crackedhandsreallysucks

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Back to the post topic:

Hummm, the newspaper just reported that police will be citing drivers for impaired driving under the influence of weed. There is so far no set legal limits of THC, and no reliable way to test for it.
That must mean that if a cop decides you are impaired, they can do what they want. Even if you have never imbibed! Scary world we live in.

They can decide they think you are under the influence and you go to jail. Then you can have a negative test you still get to defend in court costing you thousands.
Here is an example of what can and does go on.
https://youtu.be/gWyzPpYslYc
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gWyzPpYslYc" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allow="encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You bet they will. They are going to be making money on it.

The 'system' makes alot of money off DUIs. In addition i have heard stories of cops sitting outside DUI mandatory classes waiting to bust people with suspended licenses who drive to class. Also i have heard of the auto breath test machine mysteriously crapping out. Which then requires a tech visit to reset the machine. What does that mean? It means if you are trying to get to work and then cant, you could lose your job, then lose your 'to and fro' privilage and then incur more court fees.
Vicious cycle designed to milk a person dry.

The 'system' makes alot of money off DUIs. In addition i have heard stories of cops sitting outside DUI mandatory classes waiting to bust people with suspended licenses who drive to class. Also i have heard of the auto breath test machine mysteriously crapping out. Which then requires a tech visit to reset the machine. What does that mean? It means if you are trying to get to work and then cant, you could lose your job, then lose your 'to and fro' privilage and then incur more court fees.
Vicious cycle designed to milk a person dry.

Try not driving pissed, or with a suspended licence.

Kind of ?out there? I know but it?s a thought.

You can still get arrested with out a drop Mick.
My breathlizer (spelling?) Came up dirty because of my asthma medicine. I was profiled coming from a bar, pulled over for crossing a shoulder line, which was bull, and told and written up as failing my road side test, which was bull. I had a witness.
I went to jail with my blood alcohol level showing .12 for 5 hours. They watched me hit my inhaler at the hospital and denied it.
Yeah, simple solution, don't embibe in anything and drive. But lawyers, mfgs of all the gear for DUI tests, and agencies that train law enforcement make tons of money. Private jails make tons of money.
The system is set up to break you and place you in the system while adding funds to bottom lines.
My little incident cost me thousands with lawyer fees, impounded car, DUI classes, fines, etc. I got off lucky because I pleaded down my charge and won in a sense. No DUI on record unless I screw up. Which ain't gonna happen.
People think "the system" makes the money or government. The money goes to those that support the system. Or orbit the system. It employs people and makes things.c

Personal note, I no longer have that medication that had 40% alcohol in an inhaler. I am on 3 other ones to replace it. My meds cost about 500.00 monthly billed out to my insurance. Not counting doctors visits to keep then every 3 months now. Used to be once a month. So. Now other companies get to add to their bottom line

Try not driving pissed, or with a suspended licence.

Kind of ?out there? I know but it?s a thought.

FWIW, i have NEVER had any DUIs, and in fact have a spotless record. Your attitude shows that you do not understand the issues.
That is sad, because what is going on is real, your attitude will turn 180 degrees if you become entangled in this.
For example: say your holy self is at a cafe where weed smoke is present. You then drive home. You get pulled over, your clothes smell.
Now you are in the system as a user, and have thousands of dollars trying to prove you are innocent.

Your attitude is, foolish.

Who gets lots of money in their budget and f'ing medals for DUI ARRESTS--- not CONVICTIONS?

Are cops, across the board, really the cream of the crop? Are they really able to undertake this training and become EXPERTS, better than lab testing. Training is one thing. I HIGHLY (no pun intended) doubt that they did a lot of TESTING of these EXPERTS on real subjects. Textbook heros, I'll bet.

Money Money Money Watch the Money.

"Half of the world's prison population of about nine million is held in the US, China or Russia. Prison rates in the US are the world's highest, at 724 people per 100,000. In Russia the rate is 581. At 145 per 100,000, the imprisonment rate of England and Wales is at about the midpoint worldwide."
---NPR