Coast Redwoods 2018

Only a few times ever in my whole career, Butch. I could have exceeded that volume easily, many times, if I just took just the hams and backstraps and run to the next tree. But the loggers I worked for wanted the manufacture to be perfect "full limb and buck, breaks and tops, in the brush. So that slowed me down a lot. I was in much better shape in those days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't think I shared this one yet, unless I missed flipping a page when checking. It reminds me of a picture window view.

Attachments

• Window_1400mdv.jpg
    Window_1400mdv.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 35
Went to the Avenue of the Giants yesterday. The light and fog was better than hoped for in the morning. Enjoyed the poison-oak showing autumn color up the trunks.

I may try this as a 16 x 32 inch print canvas.

Ave_1_1600mdv.jpg

Federation Grove. Pretty. Thanx for the fine view.

So many pretty views there the other day. I was very much enjoying the poison-oak vine colors. This is the first couple minutes into Mattole Rd.. Bet you've been around this corner a hundred times.

Attachments

• Gap_2000.jpg
    Gap_2000.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 59
Ah, new pavement again. I swear, every time they pave that stretch it gets wider by a couple of inches. I like to cruise through those flats, 10 -15 mph is fine by me, but the rest of the world at large prefers 50 to 60 mph. Idiots.

Indeed. That's the sort of place the Jag would be sweet, if unconventional...no roof, and ultra smooth at 15 miles per hour.

Last hour before night falls. Prairie Creek park.

Cal_Bar_1800mdv.jpg

Cal Barrel, pure beauty. Nice.

Boy there's some brutes on that flat.

Here's another one. Google Earth / Maps says this is "Bull Creek Flats Rd." ... with Mattole showing to begin near the Rockefeller Loop.

Mattole_2000mdv.jpg

Between the smooth surface and nice lighting in that spot, I found both the actual place and the photo practically soothing to look at.

That was one of the 70-200mm photos, taken close to 180mm.

Multistemmed redwood on a property where I’m working atm.

Two recent stem failures, see wound in photo.

Attachments

• 377A3894-41F9-4EBA-BC05-431A0BE4E012.jpg
    377A3894-41F9-4EBA-BC05-431A0BE4E012.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 23
They’re a rarity, normally in the grounds of chateaux, there a decent sequoia in there as well as some 100ft plus cedars, though many of them are starting to go over, hence my involvement.

The sequoia and this redwood are safe though.

He did talk about having the sequoia out as he thought that the holes in the trunk were issues, they were old branch placings where the branch had gone and the bark had grown over but not closed over the hole, if that makes sense.

1st time using the new Canon EOS R in the redwood forest. Normally I don't use primes, but we were shooting portraits and this is taken with the RF 50mm 1.2

Attachments

• Bella_DNT_1400mdv.jpg
    Bella_DNT_1400mdv.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 62
A quintessential 100% forecast rain day in the autumn redwoods.

Attachments

• Betten_6_1600POTN.jpg
    Betten_6_1600POTN.jpg
    318.1 KB · Views: 47
Back