What's your year been like, business wise?

You didn't mention the fires.

I hope this year is a lot better, you sure have had a ban run lately.

Yeah, forgot the Dann fires. We won't even get into our State politics. Let's just say, that if we relocate to another state, just my fuel, vehicle taxes and registrations savings could pay a small mortgage.

Sorry you had a rough one too Marc. Happy for the grandkids though.

Thanks all of you.

Fear of dentist, yes, that's why my mouth is in such a bad shape, following a painful crown laying. But I pushed it to a point way worser than it was at that time.

My new (to me) chipper is a toy for most of the treemen here. That's the Rabaud Xylochip 100DA.
http://www.rabaud.com/fr/materiels/...tracte-xylochip-100da.html?filiere=forestiere
It's tinny enough to pass through most of the garden gates, but should have a solid appetite for its size. It's self propelled and has a feeding roller. I was tired to fight the limbs to be shredded and to drag by hand my even more small previous one.

Great year for work for me. Landed 2 short contracts that netted me over ?90k. Added with my other stuff ended up doing about 130k
Not bad for working part time.

Thanks all of you.

Fear of dentist, yes, that's why my mouth is in such a bad shape, following a painful crown laying. But I pushed it to a point way worser than it was at that time.

My new (to me) chipper is a toy for most of the treemen here. That's the Rabaud Xylochip 100DA.
http://www.rabaud.com/fr/materiels/...tracte-xylochip-100da.html?filiere=forestiere
It's tinny enough to pass through most of the garden gates, but should have a solid appetite for its size. It's self propelled and has a feeding roller. I was tired to fight the limbs to be shredded and to drag by hand my even more small previous one.

https://youtu.be/C8VHE-gmpd4

Looks like a good unit for its intended purpose.

Congratulations on your grandkid!

2017 ended far better than it started...
Down for the count right at the start with the shoulder surgery that was more than it was supposed to have been, off work for almost four months, BUT the TreeHouse fellowship saved the day, we still can't thank you enough :)!
Then it ended with a bang, picking up the Council tree work in August, and the large private school in September :)
Buying the chipper at the end of 2016 is paying off, several jobs this year have been much easier by having it, knowing we can turn up to a job where the HO wants all the debris gone, before I would have had to figure out where the nearest Tip was and factor in loading and travel...now its just bbbrrrmmm, chomp chomp and done, and have been able to sell just about every load too. On site it is a great advertising tool as well, something about machinery, improves your 'cred'...

Only glitch starting 2018 is my knee is playing up again, blown up like a balloon...ice and athletic tape keeps things going.

Being self employed, my year was peaks and valleys. Some months like "I'm rich, what color should my Ferarri be?" others, "I don't know how we'll pay the rent or why my old lady even talks to me?" I expect a repeat - Lol!

I couldn't afford the insurance plus the divorce would eat up any remaining funds.....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well, after a late spring slump, as inexplicable as is was profound, summer has brought a flurry of go aheads on some nice work (a destructive storm helped)

Glad I held my nerve price wise.

It’s a relief, I actually phoned up a firm here in France to ask for a job selling chippers.

All sweetness and light now of course.

Those down periods can really be nasty.
Glad it is over for you.

Thanks, I was also relieved that my policy of keeping a 5 figure lump sum in the bank at all times for rainy days proved itself again.

I don't think money in the bank has ever proved out to be a bad policy. Glad things are picking up for you. 8)

After a good start to the year and the last part of 2017, things have quietened down a bit in Norway. Everyone tends to on holiday for July.

The guys I contract climb for are a bit low on work and the knock on effect goes with it. I have a few jobs of my own to book in ticking over but I am glad of the money in the bank from the other work I have done this year.

Not panicking yet though.

Back