What's your year been like, business wise?

I have a friend who does torch art work as side work in his welding business.

He draws pictures using only the flame on a sheet of metal, mostly just changing the color of the metal....not so much cutting.

Its pretty cool. He makes a lot of signs and such. Nice supplement to his fab/repair business.

He has always been crafty though. He was making furniture out of metal and peeled poles in High School.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just bolts welded together and angle ground to add drama.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 34
I had a friend in the UK who apprenticed as a welder and fabricator.

He ended up leaving and retraining as without starting his own gig there was no other way to increase his earnings. He worked with a guy who made spiral staircases... I honestly could not believe the money he was saying the went for.

The horseshoe thing is rather popular. A friend of mine makes decent side money making signs and decorations out of them. Buys them new for a good rate is all he will tell me. I know they come shipped by ups since they get delivered to the shop. Says you need to have a good backing from the craft shows as well. His wife must be the face of this venture because he would scare the bajeezes out of someone wanting to buy anything. He’s basically a grease monkey version of me.

Now almost a month into 2019, we're scheduled a month out -- in January! Backflips & cartwheels! A bucket truck at just the right time -- it'll be ready for prime time come March (and all the ops will be fully trained by then... :/:)

Still about a month out and lots of estimates out. Bucket truck is working out great, use it on most jobs nowadays, unless it's a tree way out back. We won't forget our climbing skills, though!

If we could work the jobs on the books, we would be in the money. Booked through May currently with a 6 week back log in the wings.
Two years of fires and a couple of exceptionally wet years is keeping the credit maxed out. Hateful.

Back