What's your year been like, business wise?

I’ve done plenty of repair work for farmers. I always treated them more than fair. Not gonna get rich off their work but it helps get your name out there.

Oh, i assure you, i don't do cheap. If I'm showing up with 100k of truck, tools, and experience, I'll be paid accordingly. In time, i wouldn't mind starting my own pipe company, but I'm no where near liquid enough to start playing that game.... a handful of union members here have done just that tho.

:lol:

And you are right Jim, in comparison to farming, pipeline welding rigs are cheap. That's not what they are paying for tho...

No, but you dont have to price yourself out of everything when you do custom work.

There are a couple dirt contractors around here that always have to relearn how to function in an economy when the oil or gas boom dries up.

They starve for a while.....sticking to their guns on pricing....then they go to work after realizing that they need to be flexible.

I wasn't trying to make a comparison on how much an industry costs to get started in.

A welding business can be started cheap enough that you can stay busy welding up rusted out charcoal grills if you need to.

A good, nimble way to invest your money and time.

They were actually calling for welders in billings right now, was toying of going because the wife can see her friend in Bozeman, but i think I'll be back to pipeline later this month hopefully. I had forgotten about grills, maybe start making catering equipment. I knew a guy who would make a couple big trailer ones every year, paid for his beer and then some. All good ideas guys thx.

Cool outdoor wood burner like a chiminea-thingie. You might even be able to supply the wood.

Cool Tap handles for home bars with a keg. I suppose you could try to market lame versions, too, but...

Drawer pulls (knob handles).

Foot stools...now I'm just looking around the room.

Bases for wood slab tables... for real, and I'm looking around the room.

Hahahahhahaha I'll build some stuff and start a thread. Hopefully i can make some easy low risk high profit stuff happen. Anything to be able to claim welding gear since the tax exemptions are gone.

small, simple art, and impulse buying on the internet!

A bunch of nails welded together real pritty like, and the guy wants a mint.

I saw a waterfall river table SUPPOSEDLY sold for $10k. It was wicked super duper burl, but $10 friking K!

2018 is in the bag, 50% better year over year than 2017. 2019 is rolling for us already -- a nice job on the Lake of the Ozarks to kick it off, then 2 weeks of work lined up for residential work, and another solid week for a property owner to do all his properties. That's far and away better than January a year ago!

I must have missed that.

maxresdefault.jpg

There was a guy selling horseshoe dogs on facebook yesterday, can't find it now. Had an old tin can as a head, don't think he would have sold too many.

Back