Duratech chippers??

I looked into buying one when we started our business. There was a rental/farm implement company locally that had on in good condition. From what I remember it seemed like it was well built. The particular one we looked at was too expensive for us so we never demoed it.

So in other words, I know they exist but have no idea how well they work. I've always been interested to hear what people think of them.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Never trust hour meters. They are for maintenance purposes only IMO.

If you're in the $24K range for your budget, there are hundreds of good options and most of them will be name brands that have proven themselves with a well known track record. I would avoid buying the Yugo just because it looks like a bargain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Subarus are made by Fuji Heavy Motors. The emblem is 6(?) stars, one for each industry (marine, big trucks, autos, etc. Something like that). Doesn't mean that early Subarus were not without design flaws.
Because they make giant grinders doesn't mean that they made a good wood chipper.

The meter might be right, with a LOT of winching to the curb, showing lots more wear on the driver's side. The wear is the wear. 250 hours chipping piddly stuff is different that max winching.

All the same, its showing some wear on the tray.

Seems like 12" Bandits have about 2000 hours for a similar price.

Hard to find machines locally, too. Additional expense in going to look them over/ ship them.

Really, I like my chipper. I just know that it won't last forever. Its got a few years and hours on it. It had a few years and hours on it 10 years ago when I got it. But its hungry, great chute adjustability (a usual weak point in CnDs), cheap to run, easy to service, and light for its eating ability.

Brian's Bandit 90 is a nice looking machine to me. I bet shipping would be muy expensive, though. For 5k invested, I would be inclined to keep a the 90 as a back-up, if it were me. When a storm hits, you can't rent a machine if one goes down, and can lose money on storm work, or you may need two chippers and more guys.

I'm not planning on selling my chipper when I get a newer one.

I consider a Bandit 65 (6x9) for my market, or better a Bandit 90. 12" chippers are heavy for my current set-up, unless I'm driving my chip truck, which doesn't really need an extra 2,000 pounds of chipper when its fully loaded with chips.
My F350 only has a 5.4L, and is RWD/ crew cab/ 8' bed. Traction is not fantastic.

Duratech chippers are manufactured in Jamestown, North Dakota, at Haybuster's former manufacturing facility Duratech is located 120 miles from me. I've been to the plant and I've seen the TC-12 chipper in action. It's a good machine. I especially like the sensor in the infeed chute that detects the size of the incoming log and then opens the infeed wheels to the proper height to accept the incoming material.

Hope this helps.

Joel

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks.

Interesting.

How much would you pay for it?

Don't think it's a Yugo. Possibly a K-car.

Back