TreeStuff inventory?

I went to Wesspur...my stuff gets to Australia in about a week, 10 days.
I wish teleportation was a thing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Isn't climbstuff, rockstuff or whatever it was a sister company of treestuff or vice versa? Did that go with sherrill as well?

Shipping adds on average $60 to the final tally.
Generally if it looks like an item here will be in the region of equal in price after shipping or I really need it NOW, I'll buy it here, If I can save $50 I buy it from the States.
Weaver throwbags are $45AUD at the local saw shop...:O

it really sucks when its a product you expect revenue from that has failed to be restocked.

Treating you good too, hugh Kevin? When I did business with them they did everything they could pretty much to spite me. Sad to see the true innovators getting trampled by progress:lol:

I hear they just dumped Matt Cornell too and won't even sell any of Yoyomans stuff. Think of the contribution these few innovators have given to our industry , shit Kevin gave us SRT! but Sherrill will shit on all of us. I really can't understand it, I would imagine they need shit to sell, so innovation should be good for them. I guess they think they are that gifted that they can creat all the innovations in house:lol:

i don't think if has anything to do with me. just shit is not working over there. there is no flow. both the Runner and the quickie, the two products i entrusted to sherrillstuff are currently on back order.

I placed an order back on 11/8 which included 4 feet of 9mm RIT.
No RIT in the box and no mention or notice of it being back ordered.
Sent an email in the morning but no response.
Sent an email prior to this order about being stiffed on the free TREX T-Shirt promo on my last order with no response.
Called in the afternoon and was told they were out of the RIT as well as 3 other alternatives cords I would have taken.
Took a few emails with Ash and a couple of more phone calls and finally received some epicord on the 22nd.
No T-shirt came with it even though it was discussed and I really wanted one of them T-Shirts.

I love Treestuff and have place 14 orders with them so far this year.
Never had a problem till the last two orders.
Will be a dam shame to see them go.

It was good while it lasted. I sure hate to see a good outfit bought out and trashed. Time will tell but Sherrill is probably cutting his own throat.

So do y'all think it is risky to order anything from Treestuff at this point?

e.g. does the 17% off indicate things are falling apart there?

(I just placed a large (for me) order)

Although I must say I got good response a couple of weeks ago with customer service (Eric) about the locking defect in my Silky pole saw.

Nope. They have the big discount sale at thanksgiving every year. Just might take a bit longer to get your stuff.

Treestuff has 17% off right now.

I just made a 1400$ wesspur order.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hey, Bodean! Is this your way of saying that you are avoiding the use of TreeStuff even if they have steep discounts? Is your dislike of the organization as it now exists so great that there is almost nothing they can do to win you back as a customer? Just wondering.

I guess I find it funny in a sad and cynical way that one of the reasons given for the sale of the business was the advantages to the employees of acquiring medical benefits possibly and maybe some kind of retirement fund, if I'm recalling correctly. Then they eliminate the splicing crew. Now this guy on the forum here who is local to TreeStuff says his best buddy the counter guy is getting a layoff. So much for medical and pension benefits, dooh!

All this has me wondering how Luke is feeling about all of this, in hindsight. Whether or not he feels he was misled about their intentions, and whether or not he regrets having sold the business.

Sorry Butch. I know it has to hurt a bit to have people talking like this about your only advertiser. Relationships change, over time, especially in a circumstance like this. I for one would not object to seeing ads for Wesspur on this forum. Or ShelterTree, however it is spelled. I've never purchased from ShelterTree, but I've also never seen anyone say a single bad thing about them.

Thanks for putting up with me, Butch.

Tim

Last edited:
i don't think if has anything to do with me. just shit is not working over there. there is no flow. both the Runner and the quickie, the two products i entrusted to sherrillstuff are currently on back order.

Who is it that is now responsible for the manufacture and distribution of the Rope Runner and the Quickie? If you sold all rights to both of those items to Sherrill, in exchange for future royalties on said items, and then Sherrill decides not to sell them at all anymore, what recourse do you have?

I'm liking surveyor's and Paul Cox's way of doing business better all the time. Inventors keep all rights to their inventions, retailers can buy them or not and re-sell them. Non- exclusive. Inventor maintains his own simple website to take orders. Surveyor does it even more simply, I think. Orders are through private message only, not even a simple website.

If Sherrill has the manufacturing rights to the Rope Runner exclusively, and just out of spite because they hate paying royalties to inventors, they stop making any, is the Rope Runner just done? Just curious.

Tim

if that were to happen I would just find someone else to do it. one of the reasons its been frustrating that the items are on back order is that folks have been contacting me directly which I don't want. I want nothing to do with all that. I did the Rope Wrench ZK1 on my own and quickly realized that shit is not for me. I hate answering the phone for tree work although that at least enables me to get out and do what I enjoy and what Im good at which is climb trees.

Hey, Bodean! Is this your way of saying that you are avoiding the use of TreeStuff even if they have steep discounts? Is your dislike of the organization as it now exists so great that there is almost nothing they can do to win you back as a customer? Just wondering.

I guess I find it funny in a sad and cynical way that one of the reasons given for the sale of the business was the advantages to the employees of acquiring medical benefits possibly and maybe some kind of retirement fund, if I'm recalling correctly. Then they eliminate the splicing crew. Now this guy on the forum here who is local to TreeStuff says his best buddy the counter guy is getting a layoff. So much for medical and pension benefits, dooh!

All this has me wondering how Luke is feeling about all of this, in hindsight. Whether or not he feels he was misled about their intentions, and whether or not he regrets having sold the business.

Sorry Butch. I know it has to hurt a bit to have people talking like this about your only advertiser. Relationships change, over time, especially in a circumstance like this. I for one would not object to seeing ads for Wesspur on this forum. Or ShelterTree, however it is spelled. I've never purchased from ShelterTree, but I've also never seen anyone say a single bad thing about them.

Thanks for putting up with me, Butch.

Tim
Tim when Sherrill said they were going to give everybody benefits etc that is what they call "Marketing" . We in the real world call it lying, they are very good at that.

If that were to happen I would just find someone else to do it. One of the reasons its been frustrating that the items are on back order is that folks have been contacting me directly which I don't want. I want nothing to do with all that. I did the Rope Wrench ZK1 on my own and quickly realized that shit is not for me. I hate answering the phone for tree work although that at least enables me to get out and do what I enjoy and what I'm good at which is climb trees.

Thanks for this very honest answer, Kevin. It implies that you do indeed retain control over the rights to the production and distribution of the Rope Runner. Which would be great news for all of the climbers in the world that hope for continued access to the Rope Runner. None of my business, but I'm wondering if the folks at ISC, who I believe manufacture the Rope Wrench ZK-2, might be a good fit for the production of the Rope Runner. They would get to focus on what they're good at, which is the production and distribution of well-crafted climbing gear. Sherrill and every other climbing gear retailer could focus on that side of the business.

Thanks again for your response, and for all of your great inventions.

Tim

i have no worry about sherrillstuff dropping or killing the runner or the quickie at this point. I honestly have no complaints in their treatment of me. I have complaints about how they have treated Paul and my friend Matt Cornell but I have no gripes in my personal or business dealings with either Sherrill or Treestuff thus far. So at this point I am not thinking about any of that. My main concern is that they seem to have trouble being organized and getting their shit together and this has lead to the unfortunate situation of my product not being on the shelves. I do not take this personally

Curious about the details behind the MCRS deletion. What was actually said? Was it in context, or taken out of context?

Matt and some other guys were espousing some pretty fundamentalist religious views in a public forum. It was a conversation based on a Meme, some bullshit about women being made for men. Anyways, several girls called them out on it, and rightfully so, at which point it devolved into a bunch of fundamentalist scripture quoting. . . you know how that goes. Matt later tried to clarify what he was trying to say, but it all came off as extremely misogynistic in the original string.

For an industry that is encouraging the involvement and contribution of female Arborists, I can understand why industry suppliers felt the need to distance themselves from comments like that. It's unfortunate, because I think Matt might not have realized how his comments would be received, but really that's no excuse. The internet is written in ink, and free people have to take responsibility for what they say. . .

Bummer about the saddle though, it was a good one.

Back