want to buy spikes

It only took me one time to realize how important that wrap is. Tricky adjustment without a high TIP.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

I only do it when the strap is too long.

I didn't notice any diff one way or the other, but a lot of climbers swear by the wrap.

I think it's all in their head.

The important thing is tightness.

After I started wearing highliner boots when spurclimbing, I don't even feel the need for that strap to ba so tight.
The deep heel and narrow instep makes the spurs stay in place really well.
If for some reason I have to climb in my Haix forestry boots, I tighten the hell out of that strap.

I'm I missing something? I never wrap around shaft,just around angle?Might have to start new thread.

I don't. Just tight. No problem.
Now, I have noticed that different boots require me a different hole in the hasp. So maybe if I had a boot that a wrap worked better for me....... but so far, not necessary.
So long as I have a good heel and a deep instep, she stays right.

I almost always climb in hiking boots, and find that wrapping the shanks causes the Spurs to slip past the short heel. Still can't figure out why

I always wrap the shank...Stephen can you point me in the right direction for 'angled shin cup pads with straps?' Ta

Fi. Type this number into the search on the wesspur site.
Tried to link it, but my phone just won't
Item SPU729-B on the WesSpur site.

spur-pads.html

Fi. Type this number into the search on the wesspur site.

spur-pads.html

Here's a link to the webpage those pads are on. Sixth set of items down from the top, I think. No individual link for the particular item, other than the photo, possibly. When I tried to view the photo it was taking forever, like it might be a bad link.

Here's the link to the entire page: http://www.wesspur.com/Spurs/spur-pads.html

Tim

Item SPU729-B, (the first item in the sixth group, I think.)

Back