having a little fun

murphy4trees

TreeHouser
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Szx2TpBfmLo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another "crappy hinge" ... BUT somehow I got lucky again and it worked!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got three broken wrists in two different incidents and one broken ankle... Never fell more than 5 feet, and never from a tree... maybe soft bones. Freak stuff mostly.. the ankle broke when I was standing on rope that went through the chipper... yanked my foot so hard out from under me, it broke the outer ankle bone.. and the feet can't handle the hooks anymore... I was in them for 30-40 minutes in November and they still hurt.. Been wearing sneakers ever since.. Might try going back to the boots soon though..

A person might fall asleep in those, wow those look like they are super comfortable. What didn't you like about them, Butch?

I've heard of a plywood-fabricated support. Two piece of plywood, with a spacer in front and back of the stirrup. Easy to try.

Buckingham or someone sells a bolt-on foot support.

Pretty much that. Great for pine TD's, but a bit on the heavy side.

I suppose if you had some sort of foot problem it might be the ticket

Might be the ticket to not get a foot problem, too.

Some sort of simple, folding platform to stand on, while roped in, would be great for vertical stems. Something along the lines of the Baum Velo, but not $2500.

I can't remember the last time I did a considerable amount of single-length firewooding down a trunk, thankfully.

Haha just joking but yeah they look like a purpose built set of spurs, I've even considered them for skinning palms or super long days on the spurs... over all I prefer regular stretching and weight lifting (Not all the time) to keep my flexibility. Massages help to get rid of adhesions in the muscle too and keep things like Plantar Fasciitis at bay.

I have a set of those Butch and I really don't use them that much. They're mostly fiberglass. Safer on poles I guess. They're great hanging on the side of a big tree blocking down chunks but as soon as any limb walking is needed they're practically worthless.

Back