Completely random but awesome knowledge

So, no doctors for you?

Friday I have an appointment to set-up my cataract removal.

I love my VA and docs. They ain't kilt me yet!

So, no doctors for you?

Friday I have an appointment to set-up my cataract removal.

I love my VA and docs. They ain't kilt me yet!

Hey i hear that when you get that done you will never regret it!
I can usually tell when someone had it done because when the light hits their eyes just right the eye looks a bit shiny

I've been told that it will fix the nearsightedness in that eye. I sure hope so!

Jim, your dad needs stop thinking and start applying unless he already has great insurance coverage.

Well, he is 72 and is on medicare and buys the part D or whatever that is.

He mentioned the other day that a lot of guys around here go to the VA for their hearing. Also mentioned that Obama had changed the rules as to who could apply.

He was in the National Guard for 25 years.......but there was some catch as to why he couldn't apply before. Seems like it was because he was a reservist.

Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the U.S.

Not according to dr. google:

The top 10 leading causes of death in the U.S.:

Heart disease
Cancer (malignant neoplasms)
Chronic lower respiratory disease
Accidents (unintentional injuries)
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases)
Alzheimer's disease
Diabetes
Influenza and pneumonia
Kidney disease (nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis)
Suicide

I guess it depends on your interpretation of medical error, but yes, that raised my eyebrows a bit when I saw it.

Those above causes are misleading Cory, as medical accidents are almost never coded as such. If you get the wrong meds then die of liver failure, cause of death is recorded as liver failure. Same for hospital aquired infection

Not according to dr. google:

The top 10 leading causes of death in the U.S.:

Heart disease
Cancer (malignant neoplasms)
Chronic lower respiratory disease
Accidents (unintentional injuries)
Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases)
Alzheimer's disease
Diabetes
Influenza and pneumonia
Kidney disease (nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis)
Suicide

I heard that the number one reason humans live longer today than at any other time in history is because of...

Clean water

I avoid doctors. About 8 years ago, I had to go to the ER for kidney stones, but only because my wife insisted after seeing me curled up on the floor in pain for several hours. Then another trip to the ER about 3 years ago for a ruptured bicep tendon, also very painful. That doctor wanted to do surgery which would have put me out of commission for at least 2 months along with all of the associated risks involved. I chose to wait and see; went back to work two days later, carefully nursing that arm for the next couple weeks. A month later I was good as new.

My torn bicep never healed itself.

Yea, the doc said it couldn't reattach itself, and yet...

I met an orthopedic surgeon at a get together a few months ago and he said it's a miracle. I don't feel comfortable about that but it is hard to fathom. Science can't explain this one.

It probably wasn't completely torn.

Did it ball up at the bottom or the top of your upper arm?

Curled up like a rubber band at the top. MRI showed a complete tear. For the first day or two I couldn't pick up anything heavier than a pencil. You could feel with your fingers that there was nothing there on the inner part of the elbow joint; now there is. Go figure.

It's been years and I still have a Popeye muscle.

Attachments

• bicep_tear 001 (Medium).jpg
    bicep_tear 001 (Medium).jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 59
Spread a little deodorant on a razor cut to help slow down the bleeding. The aluminum chloride is an astringent. Only had to do this twice but it worked both times. Last night I nearly cut my throat with a disposable razor. Not sure how. I think I went sideways a little. I've cut my finger sharpening my saw and didn't bleed as much.

Back