HUNTING 2017

Good honest work. That puts meat on peoples tables.

Uh oh Willie. Field/farm hunting. That's almost like cheating. ;)
Farm hunting is basically code name for petting zoo...lol :lol:
It's east coast stuff šŸ˜ but really, you try sneaking up close enough to a hundred eyes, ears and fifty noses with nothing but grass to hide in...

I've seen it as more lean against the fence and pick out which one you want. But I forgot your a bow hunter so I believe you have to slither up like a snake to get in range. :P

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hard to resist farm hunting when ya got two 4x4 eating alfalfa that is clearly marked for live stock only. 30 yard from the front door and a couple chairs on the porch.
I'd just look at it as two bucks vying for the privilege of being first in the freezer. If they want to volunteer it would rude of you not to grant their last wish.

I dated a girl in Iowa years ago, her dad hunted white tail. Tasted like beef coming outta the fields

I never met a whitetail I didn't like but it's the same in Illinois, those corn belt deer are mighty fine. Iowa is a long way from Oregon, must've been quite a gal.

Great cam pics

Been watching this basic 8 grow wider again this year.

reaper17xx.jpg

I never met a whitetail I didn't like but it's the same in Illinois, those corn belt deer are mighty fine. Iowa is a long way from Oregon, must've been quite a gal.
Ha, I lived on an island in Alaska then!

Wow, those are some better width shots, he's well over 20, probably 23+. I bet the straight away shot looks pretty awesome.

Hey I think I want to get a trail cam. Found some flying squirrel babies on the job yesterday, made em safe and comfortable as possible hoping for Ma to rescue them overnite and indeed, they were gone this AM. A cam would tell me more of their story.

Any suggestions for a good basic one? Thanks.

Don't blow his bubble MB.

I though the same thing.

I'm not so sure. With gray squirrels the ma comes back like clockwork and retrieves them.

If I had to bet here, I think it was the mother cuz she would be actively looking for them in the area of their former tree. For a predator, finding them would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

Either way, they had an adventure yesterday and last nite...

Stig, btw, it's "burst his bubble" . Ik weet dat je je engels fijn afgestemd houdt.

Hey I think I want to get a trail cam. Found some flying squirrel babies on the job yesterday, made em safe and comfortable as possible hoping for Ma to rescue them overnite and indeed, they were gone this AM. A cam would tell me more of their story.

Any suggestions for a good basic one? Thanks.
Basic is all you need Cory. From what I've seen, most of the mid - low priced cameras work as well as the higher priced ones. I've got several different brands and models but my favorite is the little 10MP Browning Strike Force Sub Micro. It'll take pictures and video if you choose and the pictures are pretty sharp. Mine was around a hundred bucks. I've had very poor service out of Wildgame Innovations brand but Moultrie and StealthCam have been decent performers for me.

Thanks Ray! I gotta research it a little but you sold me. Your word carries weight.

Btw , check the book thread, something you will like there.

With gray squirrels the ma comes back like clockwork and retrieves them.

You've seen this with your own eyes? And, more than once?

Just about anything can happen once...

But first, you have to see it.

I haven't witnessed it with grays but with flying squirrels, no doubt.
Speaking of squirrels, Pearl has passed on. I will miss her.
10306784_691778880885989_1285186758_n.jpg

Back