HUNTING 2017

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't sweat it Jay, we never know what might be going on in a person's life outside this forum. I'm cool with Mick.

Ray, whatever might be going on has got nothing to do with me. He should go kick his mutt or something....learn how to relax.

I've had a long enough day with loud engines.

Maybe he should go do something relaxing like snare some of God's little creatures.... :P

Jeebus Mick. You're all against snaring yet here you are shooting fish in a barrel.

I'd like to revisit one of your previous posts. So you found snaring rabbits to be to much for you but how did it go for the rabbit with hunting them with the ferrets? That was more humane?

Well because you type SAF. I had to look it up myself.

I sure hope Rays god forgives you as well for releasing ferrets into rabbit dens.

For me (at the time) it seemed more honest.

Whereas using the snares seemed sneaky, and the death was lingering rather than the (hopefully) quick despatch by my hand.

I really enjoyed ferreting (and ratting with a terrier) with my mates, the thrill of the unexpected, I do understand the enjoyment.

I'm pretty certain I wouldn't relish it now though.

I'm for all forms of hunting and animal husbandry. As I love meat. My love of eating animals overrides any goofiness about did they suffer before they hit my table.

I'm not for being excessively cruel. But I don't lose any sleep over the sh-t that gets all the leaf lickers fired up.

Animals. It's their own damn fault for being so delicious and furry.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Is buck, elk, bear and cougar season here. I need to get my bow out in case I have an opportunity to go. It's so stinking busy!
Wow, already open there? Go kill us another record book blacktail Willie. A couple of weeks to go here.
I had to get my cameras out of the woods for a few weeks. The timber company contracts with palmetto berry pickers and they sometimes have a hard time telling trail cameras from berries.:evil:

I'm for all forms of hunting and animal husbandry. As I love meat. My love of eating animals overrides any goofiness about did they suffer before they hit my table.

I'm not for being excessively cruel. But I don't lose any sleep over the sh-t that gets all the leaf lickers fired up.

Animals. It's their own damn fault for being so delicious and furry.

HAHA! I've done plenty of work servicing Jarvis equipment, used to be many processing plants around here. Interesting equipment and processes.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H0Wpbmu8Yxo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

When done properly a snare can kill in less time then it takes to suffocate, by cutting off the blood supply to the brain. It has to be a good catch with the right equipment.

Wow, already open there? Go kill us another record book blacktail Willie. A couple of weeks to go here.
I had to get my cameras out of the woods for a few weeks. The timber company contracts with palmetto berry pickers and they sometimes have a hard time telling trail cameras from berries.:evil:
Yeah, bow season. Just bought another half dozen razor tipped suffering sticks to torture Mick with today. Hoping I get a chance to go out. A new friend has a hundred sixty ish acres of farm land the elk occasionally show up on. So I may not have to work to hard at it this year which is convenient cause I'm slammed. I'll focus on deer in the late November rut season.
I'm with the squishy dood, kill quick but eat either way

Good honest work. That puts meat on peoples tables.

Uh oh Willie. Field/farm hunting. That's almost like cheating. ;)

Hard to resist farm hunting when ya got two 4x4 eating alfalfa that is clearly marked for live stock only. 30 yard from the front door and a couple chairs on the porch.

Back