HUNTING 2017

He probably would have ate more but I had to garbage it before the girls seen. Dog lover= cat hater? I don't hate dogs or talk about killing them when they piss on my tires or shit on my lawn or act unpredictable.

I don't hate cats.

At least not when they are dead.

Denmark has a population of 6 million people and 3 million feral cats.
I do my best to remedy the last part of that.

I had an indoor cat once. It killed two sofas, a loveseat, many drapes, a really nice statue of "The Last Supper", and countless glasses that were inadvertently left near the edges of tables. I say leave them outside where they can kill things I didn't pay for.

My Chihuahua tries really hard to kill the vacuum cleaner when it's running. Funny to watch, but I'm afraid the dingbat is gonna break a tooth.

Our greenies up here ( I call them leaf lickers) don't necessarily like cats. Always saying how harmful they are to local wild life. IE squirrels, birds, reptiles.
I got news. We feed the wild life with them. Coyotes, Hawks, Buzzards, Bobcats, Cougars. About everything eats em. :lol:

That puts them middle of the food chain, Stephen...and we know that it's about 10,000 to 1 prey taken by an individual animal at any particular level than by the next level above. I think the planet's native populations of little critters would be way better off if domestic cats were extinct. They got plenty enough cards stacked against them as it is.

I'd rather have one Scott's Oriole in Cochise Stronghold, AZ than all the domestic cats in New York City.

Though the rats and mice thing does mitigate, for sure :D.

The NYT article explains that a lot of small critters native only to Australia and having been around for millions of years, are in serious danger of extinction due to cats. That's something to think about.

Note to self: don't show wife a picture of her favorite cat beside a dead baby bunny. She now refers to him as "The Murderer."

The Stephen's Island Wren in New Zealand Xenicus lyallii

Was wiped out by a single cat.
There was a lighthouse on the island, and the lighthouse keeper had a cat, which took out the whole population of Wrens.

It would have been a pleasure to put a bullet in that cat, really.

4.jpg

h8DB9DDE7

Back