Any TreeHousers In The Path?

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I'm not! :(

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zgZnha_S9BQ?ecver=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nope, but kinda close, maybe see something cool anyways right? maybe wont see a thing out of the ordinary.:D

Im north of it obviously and I'll be off camping in a somewhat remote area. Should be cool still I hope.

Looks like our friends in Oregon are in the prime position, maybe buddy as well. Enjoy!

We're traveling two hours west to the path of totality. Camping in a middle school field on Sunday night to watch the show on Monday!

Goggles on, baby!

860_main_safe_viewing_schoolgirls.png

Get in a car and go for it.

In 1999 I went to Austria for one.
Fantastic experience, don't miss out on it.

BTW, I've seen several "almost" eclipses, like 95%.
Nothing at all like the real thing when it gets dark, the crows flies home to roost and in my case, in Austria, the bell wearing cows all went home to the barn, making a hell of a racket on the way.

Let me say again, don't miss out on it, if you have a chance to go see it.

Locate company keeps emailing that Oregon expects an influx of a million people. Cell phone towers overloaded etc

We are :). NASA has designated the Bitterroot College, in Hamilton, as "an official eclipse event site". Not sure it will be visible though with the heavy smoke that has settled into the valley and is giving no indication of leaving.

Believe NASA's website is showing 98% obscuration for my area. Whatever that means. Nashville is a little over 2 hrs east of me. I think it's getting the full deal.

I am on the northen edge of it. Been hearing that the people situation is going to be crazy. Right now we have heavy smoke from wildfires so hopefully that won't effect things to much. I'm really not that excited about it but a lot of other people are. I hope it's a good experience.

M and I and another couple, great friends, are going to travel south a couple of hours to camp in a pretty remote part of the MHNF, then hike to an abandoned fire lookout tower site for the eclipse. At this point, might well be smoky from several big fires close by and afar, but even if views of the sun are hampered, it will still be totality darkness. Charged up, gonna be fun.

The smoke just means you won't need welding glasses.
Through a glass darkly and all that.
You'll love it.
Hope you get to see a bunch of crows or ravens go home to roost.

One of the big news programs showed a map of the eclipse path and left out Idaho. My wife sent me this new updated map today.

IMG_3613.JPG

Back