Instagram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'd like to know too.

Some folks say the reason shark attacks on humans are fairly rare is because each species of shark evolved to feed on a specific and limited prey species and humans aren't on any of the lists. So when a human is hit, its due to mistaken prey ID by the shark or just a random unusual situation. Maybe same holds true for an orca. But, they seem to have such a wide menu of prey, one would think the occasional human would be fully acceptable to them.

Interesting fact that they are so large and have apparently very high intelligence together with strong group and family ties. And well evolved comms.

I think they are patently waiting for the world to flood so they can enslave us... here's a group of them surgically removing livers from great whites, which is about as gangster as it comes.

www.newsweek.com/orcas-killing-great-white-sharks-eating-livers-607002?amp=1

I remember watching a documentary about scientists in Mexico testing the effectiveness of using orca sounds as a shark repellent, so they were driving around blasting orca sounds in the water all day. They had tagged several great whites, who upon hearing all of this, all dove down to about 2000 feet and didn't come up till they got to Hawaii.

:lol:;)

Crazy story those orcas targeting the shark livers which are full of da good stuff.

Lecter-like.

Maybe a lot of iron?

"orcas were responsible for killing the great whites and removing their livers. This organ has a high level of squalene, a hydrocarbon that’s an important for producing steroids and hormones."

Orcas be goin hard

Top predators for a reason.

I'm going on a Whale watching trip in Tromsø in the subarctic part of Norway just after new year.
My last fling before starting chemo.

With a bit of luck we'll see Orcas, which would in my eyes make the whole trip a succes.

I've seen them in the wild before. On my ferry ride from Rupert to the queen charlottes they accompanied us for awhile. Super cool.

Gawt dang, good stuff.

Keep us posted, Stig

This would get my attention. Looks tricky and dangerous.

Just omfg. One of the most mind-blowing things I've ever seen. Can you all view it? or do you need an instagram account to view?

Who is buying all this palm oil? I thought he was gonna crush him with the hoe, thankfully that didn't happen

I found that incredibly sad and disturbing, but watching the creature's power and grace inspired awe also.

My understanding is palm oil is used in bazillions of products. The 'natural' peanut butter that I eat, for example.

So weird seeing an ultra modern excavator juxtaposed with a rare, priceless creature of deep forest.

Yeah you would be amazed at where they can get those things. Drill rigs that never are driven on roads, just to even more and more remote locations

Back