Burnham has some stuff to sell

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Some good stuff, for sure. I'll probably put some more up in the not too distant future.

Makes me wonder what else is out in the Burnham's shed not seeing any use ... smileface

Bump this thread...so Willie got the spurs and Sam got the STgrippers. I am now putting together another list of good stuff.

In the next day or two, look for the rappel racks again, and a couple of built by Burnham adjustable rope lanyards that are better than anything on the market, imltho :). Friction saver sleeve, double sheave ma rigging pulleys, a bunch of screwlock carabiners, a Hitchclimber pulley, deaf 8 descenders, a chest harness, New Tribe mini grapple, zipline runners hardware of my own repurposing (these are the bomb), and maybe something or other else I can't remember at the moment:).

Reasonable deals, I promise.

Alas, shipping costs will kill it for me.
Can't afford to come over to pick it up this year.

Very classy of you Burnham to offer up these Items for sale for the Tree Housers! :thumbup:...they will go to good homes ;)

I'll take one of the racks B if you still got em.

Curious about the zip line kit...

I'll put your name on one rack, Stephen. Sorta had that in mind already. The zipline clips work really well ime, I'll get a picture up with a solid description soon.

I'll post a few items with pictures, see how the process goes. Might end up with several posts, to simplify the process. All prices do not include shipping. I'll try my best for the cheapest method, and will inform any purchaser of the shipping cost prior to completion of a deal.

SMC 6 bar rappel rack, used but in very good condition (2). New, they cost about $125. I'll sell for $75. Stephen has spoken for one, so there is one left.

New Tribe mini grapple hook, old design, new condition. New cost is $40. I'll sell for $20.

Kong deaf 8, used but in good condition. New cost is $16. I'll sell for $8.

HB Wales deaf 8, new condition. New cost is $20. I'll sell for $10.

Mix of SMC, REI, and unmarked brand, unmarked rating, but known to me 5k lbs rated aluminum screwlock carabiners, old and used but all in very good condition (10). New cost is about $18. I'll sell for $8 each.

Kong and ABC (made by Kong), rated 27 kN screwlock carabiners, used but in very good condition (eight). New price $20. I'll sell for $10 each.

Attachments

• gear sale 003.jpg
    gear sale 003.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 59
  • gear sale 004.jpg
    gear sale 004.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 60
  • gear sale 005.jpg
    gear sale 005.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 60
  • gear sale 007.jpg
    gear sale 007.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 60
  • gear sale 008.jpg
    gear sale 008.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 60
Next batch.

DMM Hitchclimber pulley, new condition. New cost $60. I'll sell for $45.

Flexible conduit type (Dan House style) friction saver sleeve, ¾”x 30", new condition. New cost $25. I'll sell for $15.

ABC webbing ladder aider, 6 feet, 6 step, new condition. New cost $40. I'll sell for $20.

ABC chest harness, adjustable medium/small, lightly used. New cost about $35. I'll sell for $15.

Attachments

• gear sale 010.jpg
    gear sale 010.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 79
  • gear sale 011.jpg
    gear sale 011.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 80
  • gear sale 012.jpg
    gear sale 012.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 79
  • gear sale 015.jpg
    gear sale 015.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 79
More. Stephen, here's the zipline runner attachments.

Non locking steel snaphooks (10); These are old cable cored lanyard snaphooks I salvaged after we went to double action locking. I used these with tied webbing slings as zipline runner rigs. They are heavy as heck and slide really smoothly on a zipline. Easy on and off, and fit larger diameter lines well, 5/8" is no problem at all. Picture is for example only, webbing not included, you supply webbing or other cordage of your own choosing and lengths. I'll sell them for $5 each.

Rope lanyards, made by Burnham (2). 15 foot working length. Adjustable by distel hitch on Omega Pacific Jake tri-action auto-lock carabiner, slack tended by Petzl micro pulley. Snap hook is Klein’s best ever old school double locking steel. Rope is stiff static, KMIII. Tough as nails, and flips very well. These are very lightly used, made for use at my instruction workshops. If you could buy one at a arb supplier, I expect the cost would exceed $200. I'll sell them for $125 each, and will separate.

Attachments

• gear sale 016.jpg
    gear sale 016.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 79
  • gear sale 017.jpg
    gear sale 017.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 80
  • gear sale 018.jpg
    gear sale 018.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 78
A few more things.

Petzl double sheave prusik-minding pulley (2 sold as a pair). MA rigging monsters. 44Kn and handle up to 13mm rope. I’ll throw in the prussic loops and old school hell for stout aluminum Stubai screwlock carabiners. New condition. Cost new is $120 each, not counting the biners and prussic loops. I'll sell these beauties for $200 for the pair. I don't want to separate them, really need both for a proper MA setup.

Double action snaphook, large (7”). Anodized Aluminum. Unmarked, unrated, but I would hang my life on it with no doubts. Probably made by Kong. Given to me by Frans. New condition. I've never seen one quite like it in size. Fits the hand very comfortably. I'll sell it for $15. If it doesn't sell, I may tie up another lanyard like the others shown, for my own use. Or, if someone wants to order something like that, I could make it so.

Attachments

• gear sale 019.jpg
    gear sale 019.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 77
  • gear sale 1 001.jpg
    gear sale 1 001.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 78
  • gear sale 1 002.jpg
    gear sale 1 002.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 79
Okie dokie, that's the last for now. Thanks for looking. Any questions, let me know. Happy to make any clarifications, take and post more pics, etc.

Burnham, may I please claim the 8 Kong screwlock carabiners and two of the non locking speedline clips? PM incoming.

Alright, Brian. Look for a pm with details.

You too, Stephen. Pm heading your way.

Ok, to update the available list. The Kong screw-lock carabiners are gone, as are two of the ten steel snaphook zipline runners (so 8 still available).

One of the SMC rappel racks is gone (so one still available).

I'm a bit surprised, and more than that,curious...not much interest generated. Now it really doesn't matter to me much at all, I certainly don't need the money a few gear sales might generate...but I'd like to know if the stuff is not of any interest, are my prices too high, is the shipping too costly, or what ever else anyone might have to comment on.

I can happily negotiate on prices if that's an issue. Mostly, I'd rather see good gear in use rather than collecting cobwebs in my shed.

Just wondering.

Back