Grapple for mini

We use the bmg scoops daily Mick. We have the small scoops on the Giant and the large scoops on the Gehl. We are one of the few companies around here that mess with Stump chips. The scoops make the work a breeze and are absolutely worth it if you remove a lot of stumps.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I thought I had some on my phone, but I could not find any. I will try to take some pictures if I can remember!

Thanks Fred, I was telling the lads today about it as they shoveled chip, the hopeful look on their pathetic little faces melted my cold heart ❤️ then I told them it meant one of them would be sacked!

(Joking!)

Ha ha ha lmao Mick. Nice touch.

I always wished I had those scoops. For big stumps I used a bucket. I had that 38 special attachment grinder, so I'd grind set it to the side and flick on the bucket. Or the old stand by, garbage cans. Don't overfill them though!

We use the bmg scoops daily Mick. We have the small scoops on the Giant and the large scoops on the Gehl. We are one of the few companies around here that mess with Stump chips. The scoops make the work a breeze and are absolutely worth it if you remove a lot of stumps.

I'll second this statement. Worth every penny!

Here you go Mick. The last one is just for fun, but it does show that shells can be used to transport lots of tools all at once.
61893043e4e1fa9b0fc3c21b158ae2ea.jpg
9c35b1b6b45ebe6c1fb370d0acb47a13.jpg
8655eaefa981660d196311e05b2b8d6b.jpg
d55dfff97cceca98ea3d8541149837ff.jpg

I might buy those next. Good seeing size reference and capacity (gear and employee). Thanks.

What kind a bar holders are mounted to the boom?

Solid gold, thanks Fred.

Next question is how are they attached to the tines?

There is a channel that hugs the tines and there is a simple pin that holds them on. IIRC Fred modded his to eliminate the pin and has a bolt with a handle for hand tightening. I really like Fred's setup, clean. I kept the pin idea but went with a bolt that I welded some fingers on so you can use one hand to tighten the bolt. I'll get some pics later this week.

I might buy those next. Good seeing size reference and capacity (gear and employee). Thanks.

What kind a bar holders are mounted to the boom?
There are two plastic saw slots on either side of the grapple. They do come in pretty handy. I believe the plastic is uhmw.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did I hear someone offers a discount on that or the rake if you a tree Houser? I'm thinking of buying the rake

Not that I'm aware of. There used to be a forum discount via Carl/ Lumberjack. Carl and Dave/ TNTree are no longer associated.

Rajan/ Flushcut might have the rake, IIRC.

I've thought about it, too.

Also, power brooms might be a way to cut raking. Been discussed a bit lately.

Page, put up some work pics, ay?

We have the rake. We do not use it often, but when we do it is awesome. We use it the most in the winter to clear paths through the snow to the work areas. It will not tear up the yard at all.

^ ditto and it is great for spreading chips. I have about an acre at my house that is all chips. With the rake a guy can easily spread 15 yards of chips nice and flat in five or ten minutes. I could use a rebuild bristle kit and some straightening of the frame. I have even plowed my driveway(270') and my parents with it a few times last year when my truck was down.

I do not recall the exact price. It was less than the $899 that is advertised on the branch manager website. I want to say between 700-800.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
[/QUOTE ]
Page, put up some work pics, ay?[/QUOTE]
Been so busy I haven't taken a lot of pics lately. Did this pear the other day that was kinda fun. 2017100395081337.jpg 2017100395081327.jpg 2017100395081320.jpg
2017100395081618.jpg
Cleared the lead off the roof and felled the rest. Then raked forever. I sure coulda used the grapple rake then. My advertising company says they are gonna come out and do some videos. Too bad they didn't come out for any of the 10 crane jobs I've done this year.

Back