Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: But I'm not dead yet ... Age and climbing

two years outta trees for me. Don't miss the madness. I still climb.....just not wood. Been riding my bike average of hundred miles a week. Back has never felt better since I don't lug a saw around. I especially don't miss the wheeling and dealing to try and get work.

One other thing.....since being out, nothing has really changed here. Still see a new tree guy every week or so. Still see same old characters "beating the system'

For me making a change was more about being stagnant. Didn't feel like anything was new. In the past two years I have learned a tremendous amount. Aint gonna stop.

The one thing I do miss is some of my tree guy friends.......seems like I aint with the cool kids no mo'.

I truly believe one can climb as long as they want if they listen to their body. Unfortunately production tree work could give a shit if you aint paying the bills
    a society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

We're the cool kids!!!

exactly.....
    a society grows great when old men plant trees whose shade they know they shall never sit in

Nice to see you back, Bouncer.

Tell us more about your biz and how its going. Thanks.
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

Oops I see you have your own thread!
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

Treehouser

Quote Originally Posted by FireFighterZero View Post
    I dont consider a nursing home to be much of an option at all.

Its 5000 a month to "live" in our nursing home. Screw that, if I have any money left, and cant find an ice berg big enough to hold me, I am going to have an accident and let my kids have the money.

I have spent many, many years around nursing homes.....thats enough for me.

Not saying some people dont fit right in....its a good option for some people. Just strikes me as a goddamn expensive ware house for old people.
    AMEN Brother!!!!!!!!!!!

TreeHouser Sponsor woodworkingboy's Avatar

It probably would be a lot better at those nursing homes if family members might consider paying a visit to their loved one every once in a blue moon. Especially the ones getting the inheritance.
    Bright days and dark days are both expressions of the great mystery. ~ Oglala Sioux

TreeHouse Administrator MasterBlaster's Avatar

I visited my Mother every day. I might have missed 2 or 3 visits in the couple years she was in one.

I always told her "If I don't stop by one afternoon, don't worry! It will never be two in a row!"

And it never was.

I was pretty good on getting in to be with my momma, too. Plus all the financial, medical appointments, clothes, and other needs of daily life, etc. No way she was abandoned, trust me...I have the emotional bruises to show for it.
    "Confidence is the feeling you sometimes have before you fully understand the situation."