Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28363738

Thread: But I'm not dead yet ... Age and climbing

That remains to be seen
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

General Purpose Sponsor Stumpshot's Avatar

At least he's not vanishing into the night like a ninja. 2 months of notice is a good, reliable man. And maybe it will give him enough time to really consider his options and if it looks to work out, or goes up in smoke.

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    That is frustrating.

I've mentioned on here previously that I am highly fortunate to have a straight ninja working for me, along with a reliable ground guy. Ninja's been with me 10 years, knew nothing of trees when he started.

That's the good news. The bad new is he's leaving within a month or two, moving down south to be with a past GF he rekindled with.

Is there a noose emoji here???
    Does he feel that there is an open-door to return to, or does it seem to him like he would be replaced by a lesser guy, but immediately, due to the nature of your tree-machine?

Sometimes a re-kindled fire blows out quickly, and a much better prepared fire is more substantial in the wind. I have related experience. To Build A Fire by Jack London comes to mind.

Jumping from vacation-romance, to let's-move-in-together...
    If it looks like I asked a question, but put a period, it's probably a question.
    Don't know why I'm question-mark challenged online. 😀 New Year's Resolution, better proof reading.

Ss, spot-on post. He's given me massive notice. And yes, you never know, but so far he is firm on leaving. He would much prefer to stay and have her come up here but due to all the factors involved, that is not likely to happen.

Sean, he knows he has an open door to return. We'll see how it works out with them, but so far, he's in love.

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

Looks like I'm about to lose a really good guy, too.
    Former apprentice, the one who was hit by a car when we went on a company motorcycle trip to Norway last year.

He is still frigged up from the accident.

After he had been bothered by back pain, that nobody really could find the reason for,
    Richard and I finally decided to have him admitted to the best clinic for diagnostics on that type of thing, and pay for it out of our own pocket, since his insurance didn't want to.

Looks like he'll need to do something less strenous for at least a couple of years.

I hate to lose him, apart from being a really good worker and sharp logger, he is also a buddy.
    Deyr f,
    deyja frndr,
    deyr sjalfr it sama,
    ek veit einn,
    at aldrei deyr:
    dmr um dauan hvern.

Quote Originally Posted by stig View Post

I hate to lose him, apart from being a really good worker and sharp logger, he is also a buddy.
    Same here re the ninja.

Good on you and Richard for stepping up big.

My old boss used to say that your cock will send you further than gunpowder could ever blow you.
    Im condescending, that means I talk down to people.

Mick

TreeHouser Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by stig View Post
    Looks like I'm about to lose a really good guy, too.
    Former apprentice, the one who was hit by a car when we went on a company motorcycle trip to Norway last year.

He is still frigged up from the accident.

After he had been bothered by back pain, that nobody really could find the reason for,
    Richard and I finally decided to have him admitted to the best clinic for diagnostics on that type of thing, and pay for it out of our own pocket, since his insurance didn't want to.

Looks like he'll need to do something less strenous for at least a couple of years.

Stig, if your guy is frustrated enough or in enough pain for motivation to be up at a 10 out of 10 he may do well to look into Somatics and Pain Free.

If his challenges are muscle related or nerve pain related (often tied to muscles) those are very doable to have a big effect on.

Edit - For years doctors and chiros told me I needed to find a different line of work.