Fishing 2017

Willie, over here they sell different types of breading containing various ingredients, breaded fried dishes are real common. I find the best is to get some real good bread and grind it up to dry yourself. Dip in beaten egg then that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I went shrimping with a good friend last night and helped out as deck hand and pilot. We had a blast, caught some shrimp, flounder, squid, blue crabs, a small sea turtle, tons of mantis shrimp and just about every species of everything that swims. Randy almost got snatched overboard by a porpoise that grabbed the line on the bag of the net as he was letting it out. Really smashed his hand but it could've been a lot worse. The porpoises are never tiring, always hungry and tear holes in the net at every opportunity. We were flanked port and starboard all night and into the daylight by fifteen or so.
P1011021.jpg P1011009.jpg P1011019.jpg P1011017.jpg

Thanks Jim, we had about 150 pounds of shrimp total, what's on the cull table is one drag. Heck of a lot of fun for me but it's work for Randy.

Whoah, what a trip!!!

What did you do with the ancient mariner?

Cool turtle!!!

sea-turtle-island-jane-schnetlage.jpg

Amazing. I could only imagine shrimping down there, the life in that warm sea.

I was on a small fishing boat once on our west coast and had shrimp boiled up right onboard moments after being caught. It was a amazing experience at the time, 25 years ago. Lol. Man I'm getting old.

What a great experience Ray!! livin the dream :thumbup:

Nice catch makes nice meals.......Luv me some honey walnut shrimp..;)

:\:
I was on a small fishing boat once on our west coast and had shrimp boiled up right onboard moments after being caught. It was a amazing experience
:thumbup:You're right Justin, nothing any better than pulling it out of the water and throwing it in the pan.

We made our first offshore trip of the year and wore these girls out on red snapper. Grouper, king mackerel, rock bass and others rounded out the day.
P1011034.jpg
P1011036.jpg
P1011045.jpg
P1011049.jpg

Looks like all had fun and Great catch big Ray!...like the shirt as well ;) ;)

Wow, fishing paradise. Those red snapper should bring you good luck for the rest of the year. Beautiful fish!

It's funny how things change Jay. 30 years ago red snapper were a rare catch in this part of the Gulf. Now they are so abundant that they can be a nuisance when trying to target other species like grouper. A nice problem to have.

Awesome Ray, nice catch!...so glad you getting out and living the dream brother!!

Just finished building a new cast net and took it out for a test drive this afternoon. Also caught another nice redfish, flounder, red snapper, grouper, sheepshead and other stuff.
IMG_1433.jpg
IMG_1423.jpg
IMG_1440.jpg
IMG_1446.jpg

Back