Fishing 2017

The nor cal rivers finally settled down from there massive flows and silty waters.

I hike upstream and fish then float down with water proof back pack making for a nice adventure

022.jpg

007.jpg

Waters were crystal clear...

008.jpg

006.jpg

This rock was not here last year...it slid down from above road and ended up in midst of river...

029.jpg

040.jpg

how I roll and float ;)

034.jpg

white fish....they come up from the res.

041.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Beautiful pics and fish Scott. Looks like a peaceful place, just watch out for boulders! Explain to me how you float down the river, are you using the pack as flotation, a tube or what?

Beautiful pics and fish Scott. Looks like a peaceful place, just watch out for boulders! Explain to me how you float down the river, are you using the pack as flotation, a tube or what?

Ray I just hold on to it and go down feet first....any bad areas I just get out and go around and get back in.

The pack has a valve on bottom that you can blow up like an air mattress, I do this before I float down ;)

Ray I just hold on to it and go down feet first....any bad areas I just get out and go around and get back in.

The pack has a valve on bottom that you can blow up like an air mattress, I do this before I float down ;)

Geez no wonder you started the Adventure thread

It was a really nasty day on the Gulf. Five to six foot seas out of the southeast then a big squall came from the northeast and turned it into a sure 'nuff sloppy mess. It made for a long run in but we did catch some nice snapper, king mackerel and small dolphin. Should've taken more pics but we were pretty busy just trying to hang on. I caught this one on a medium spinning rod and he put up quite a battle. It was good to get back on solid ground. We'll all sleep well tonight. P1011254.jpg

Nice pic, Ray.

Is that a snapper?

Those seas in the pic, 1-2' would you say?

That's right Cory, red snapper. For some odd reason, as soon as they hit the deck today, their color bleached out and they turned almost white. In the ice and they morphed back to red. The pic is deceiving, it was probably 3-4 then.
After the fact.
IMG_1126.JPG.jpg
Getting ready for the table.
P1011262.jpg

Interesting knife, looks different than a typical fillet knife, you like the curved blade?

Thanks for the snapper info.

For big, tough fish I really like it Cory. It was a gift from my daughter, a Victorianox beef skinner. They make some top quality blades. You might be a redneck.... when get fish and deer cleaning gear for birthday presents;)

Chartered a couple boats for the crew this am. Had a blast, Orrin had 3 fish on at once 2 times , the second time, I did too. I think we had about 60 fish between the 2 boats today !
6506d13ee78ddb639089a0a3bfa6d99c.jpg
44ea2bd6c256e73f60573552d9c5ccfc.jpg
db5b6bc73cd0fdc3afd087c9d966abfe.jpg
704dde1399e9df23cd6cfc00c906521a.jpg
c9b3629581b385d7478fd4210d6331da.jpg

Back