The Official Work Pictures Thread

237C5614-787D-4096-B471-6E757E21100F.jpg
Nice rotted out whit oak this morning. Wish I had a few pics of the tree but been to busy working to get many pics. Put a dozen spars on the ground later. Some needed a pull line and some were wedged over, while three were no brainers. Another crew started this section of ROW and decided it was to much to finish. I know that they lost one spar and damaged a shed. Of course the stump was already ground out and no one took pics but the consensus was he cut through his hinge. He’s been known to cut them off or make them to thin. Looks like we will be having another training day soon

Big props to Tyler Durden, waay out to reduce a buckled, so double trucker-strapped, trunk.

I drank coffee and picked up sticks...well, maybe a little more.;)

IMG_20190318_124642193_HDR.jpg

IMG_20190318_141603843.jpg

IMG_20190318_142523960.jpg

Somebody went and screwed with that beech in a bad way.

Good story with this one Stig, I work for a guy who got called out to this tree in 89, it was rocking on it's root plate in the storm, they immediately arranged to take the crown off with a crane as there are about four houses it would have crushed should it have gone over.
So they craned it out and left it safe with all the crown removed, they expected to be called back to deal with the trunk, they never got the call, that regrowth is the result.

It's in great condition but I'm NEVER going back to that job.

Nope, I just don't much like it done to mature beech trees.

Of course, that doesn't mean I haven't done it and will continue to do it if it is the only option and the price is right.

Feel better now, Mick.

90E2D47E-57FD-47C2-8425-14BE0A992490.jpg
Another ( and last) day of wiping someone else’s ass on this part of our ROW contract. Had to grab a picture of this to show and ask the boss why we bought all those fancy stump grinding shields that sit in the truck. Dropped 9 more trees that were requiring a climber and stripped one more hollow white oak today. Not a hard day. Just frustrating because this “Rich can do it” stuff is getting old. We have enough to do with out cleaning up after the rest of the company.

Rant over. Off to do another project tomorrow. Street trees on a busy road. Yippee.
Now the rant is over

Back