The Official Work Pictures Thread

A few camera pictures from the cracked Eucalypt removal. The people actually took a timelapse, condensed 6 hrs or so into 21 seconds....
It got windy in the afternoon, I was at the limit with the nifty lift...

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 47
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    153.2 KB · Views: 45
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 48
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 45
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 47
Crane school rocks! This time next year you'll be rocking loads of crane work, no doubt.

Rich- nice looking equipment and good pictures too.

Bermy- In the first couple pictures I was wondering why you were using such a tiny strap to hold the split together and then I realized it wasn’t a small strap but a big tree. That time lapse would be fun to see...

Yes, that would have been messy, if you hadn't seen that in time.
Talk about luck, having an arborist visit just at the right moment.

Yes it was a big tree and yes I did it all from the mewp, way too dangerous to climb. the HO was so excited and desperate to do some cutting so I left.him those big bits to cut...kept my big saw clean.
And yes the crack started to close once there was some weight off, not much but enough to slack the ratchet strap. Good day for everyone.

Lots of really fine pictures. Stig, Rich, Bermy...and the rest. Thanks. Makes me nostalgic for the past, when I had something interesting to post now and then.

Guess I'll be stuck with travelogue stuff from now on. Could be worse, I suppose. :D

...fracked chipper...

It's no wonder we Yanks got our language from the U.K. I already stole "knackered," off of Mick; as in: "This chain is completely knackered." Now I have to incorporate "Fracked," into my work-speech in as nonchalant a way as possible.

Corey: Thanks for the "on the docket," back-ground. Must say I hafta drop that one. We don't want any legal crap in our speech, do we? I hate litigious crap, don't you?

Fiona: NICE!

This is not really a work pic but I?m at the craneman inc class and besides a couple of other members, Page and Chris , I found a connection with a certain northwestern member
View attachment 85819
Recognize anybody Jed?
Your boy Jake and the other two guys had nothing but good things to say about you. I?m hoping the company will send you out next year for this class man.
Sorry it?s blurry but my phone seems to take pics as my eyes see them. Meaning I?ve had a few beers tonight.

Rich!!! Dude, how could I have MISSED this. I'm blaming it on the IPA's myself! What the??!! Brian and Jake man!!?? Yeah, ya gotta watch them boys... I TAUGHT them boys how to drink imperial IPA. Actually, Jake can put em away like a man, to be honest with ya.

He really seems like a good kid and he had nothing but good things to say about you. I’m hoping that company can talk you into flying out next year. I’m going back whether they like it or not

Our Biggest Removal of the Year - But it's only April

Our biggest removal of the year so far: a 100-year-old silver maple with multiple major co-dominant leaders and a 5' x 8' diameter stump (before root flare). An 80-year-old neighbor came by during the removal, saddened by the loss, still bearing memories of it being a large tree already when he was a boy. Two major leaders had failed, were hollow and even had fire damage from some kids lighting fireworks in them! It was up against a picket fence on one side, a barbed wire cattle fence on the back side, and power lines overhead. We craned out the leaders with our log truck's grapple with slings. Then we felled it with the log truck assisting in pulling it over. We wound up with over 50,000 lbs. of logs and 70 cubic yards of chips. What a tree, what a day -- whew!
P1300072.jpg P1300081.jpg P1300088.jpg P1300090.jpg P1300102.jpg P1300115.jpg

Dead oak...two other companies didn't want to climb it. We removed the one branch I'm on and fell the rest. We had to rigged that whole section since we had neighbors fence and leylands right under it.
1.jpg
2.jpg

Sometimes, running shoes are required. No climbing this ugly over the driveway...

Attachments

• 20180411_091013.jpg
    20180411_091013.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG951474.jpg
    IMG951474.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG951481.jpg
    IMG951481.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG951488.jpg
    IMG951488.jpg