The Official Work Pictures Thread

Cool wood chimney/bonfire idea, Rich, let us know how it works out.

How did you cut around the pipe, or did you cut thru it?

Found a pipe holding up a massive amount of pin oak today. It had cracks we could fit our hands in this morning, fresh heaving of the ground and sidewalk, and o lot of perfectly healthy foiliage and wood above 12 foot.
View attachment 90034
Dealt with a bunch of “privledged” people that were upset it was coming down till they saw the last cut. I think I’m gonna haul it home and build a sweet bonfire for trick or treat next week. I’m planning on setting it upright, stabilizing with greener logs around it, filling it with dry wood, and cutting out some holes for flames and air. Should be one heck of an attraction. Prolly should let FD know ahead of time:D

Oh please oh please carve it like a jack-o-lantern first. I have seen this done and it's pretty badass.

The tree was the pipe Cory:lol: sorry for the confusion. I’ll post a pic of the fire if the firewood guy doesn’t want it. He’s been getting picky lately so it should be mine.
I will do my best Rajan. That’s the plan. Just depends on who all comes to help;) if jack shows up it’ll be a massacre

Medieval culvert/canal type thingy, some ash had grown tall and awkward in the stonework.

The loader boomed out to get the last gubbins, saved a lot of cutting and handballing.

Attachments

• DA8AE29A-D613-4227-A504-3A109773940F.jpg
    DA8AE29A-D613-4227-A504-3A109773940F.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 40
Haha. I need to find a red loader then if that is the case.

I was using an Avant today. Red and green should never be seen, unless there is something in between.

There’s a thread on here somewhere, Ed (Thor’s Hammer) used to import and sell Avants, he explains the split between them and MO, not much in it as far as I can glean.

If I'm that drunk I don't need to worry about protection. My limp soldier will defend me to the end!!!

Had a couple...3 hours to do some more limbing... Moved my rope to top, DdRT back down to leave to leave a throw line easily. What a hassle...erratic friction.

2.5 hours yesterday with a groundie. Solo today, aka simple and easy.

IMG_20181025_122122316.jpg

IMG_20181025_122058034_HDR.jpg

IMG_20181025_125612084.jpg

Prep for tomorrow, 2 groundies. Hope to get it to a short spar tomorrow. Maybe a bit ambitious. Just threw a bit of small branches out of the driving path. they can chip tomorrow.

I realized that the big swooping things will take a while to get down in big pieces, then transport, and are going to add to the firewood pile.

Tomorrow, I'll wraptor up to 20" diameter to pop the top. My climbing rope will be in position to pull the pull-rope into place. Windy the wrong way today, probably more of the same tomorrow. Big parking lot to dump into.

Chip some onsite, haul some chips maybe. Maybe cant some 12' logs with the alaskan mill. lighter to load, and will then fit the bandsaw mill.

Back