The Official Work Pictures Thread

Happy Monday! This was a Saturday job. Small red oak. The mission was to avoid hitting the fences of the 3 surrounding properties, the tree house and the deck. Everything had to be hauled out through a 30" wide deck on a flat bed trailer. I pruned a few branches through the broken roof of the tree house, it was fun. IMG_46551.jpg

Thanks Rich. Good point about the exit. When I flew a bucket for line clearance I would cut an outlet to funnel branches down but seemed to have lost that foresight.
I have to repair the window without the company brass finding out. 700 for the glass and 300 for the labor. $1000 I get to eat . Like that Pursuit of Happiness oldie. "Had to laugh to prevent myself from crying".

You're getting hosed on the window. I can get windshields installed for $150-200 and those are curved glass, not flat like a rear window. Of course those are Trump dollars not Kanuckian pesos.

Got my Ringo kick drum anchor in today, Ryan. 15 bucks, I had to have it. It looks wicked cool and is actually quite dangerous when you don't use the spikes!

What kind of truck is that Ryan? You said work truck right? Rear window a g note? I'd be shopping that around. 3bills for install is brutal and seven for the glass. Brutal too. Unless this is some kind of super duper one of a kind truck window I'd be hitting up a wreckers and finding a cheaper install.

It was a site truck which made it time sensitive so I went to a dealership that had the capacity to accommodate me with no notice. That's how I'm rationalizing it to make myself feel better. Definitely got hosed.

It was a site truck which made it time sensitive so I went to a dealership that had the capacity to accommodate me with no notice. That's how I'm rationalizing it to make myself feel better. Definitely got hosed.

Ahh no worries then. Sometimes it costs to do the right thing and have it done asap. If you got it all sorted and flew under the radar(no work trouble) then it was likely well worth it. :thumbup:

I think how much I've used site trucks for personal use, never putting a drop of fuel in, wear and tear etc. I figure we're even. That being said I'll never use a site truck again. Ever.

Spotted these enterprising young gents today about 4-5 blocks from my house. Had a U-Haul rental pickup and lawn trailer. And of course the gas can was on the ground under the tree.

Attachments

• image-5.jpg
    image-5.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 51
I started into this biz as a teen, towing a 14 ft tandem axle rental trailer, with a forty ft, in truth a 36 ft extension ladder in it.

Nice to climb right over those thick palm skirts n buzz em from the top down.

Fifteen times better than underneath that bird/rat/vermin condominium from the bottom up!

Put a 36 ft tall ladder on top of a chip truck bed, 45 ft.

One of my brother's groundsman borrowed the chiptruck n ladder, did just that, but didn't put his lanyard round the trunk, and was free climbin above the ladder to reach the top, when a rat ran up his arm, scaring badly enuff to let go at over fifty feet up.

Amazingly it was the ladder steps that broke his fall, albeit with his face, that saved his life, coming to rest on top of the chiptruck.

Many years later he swore it was the best thing that ever happened to him, since the reconstructive surgeries to his face made him a bit more handsome, and chicks far more willing to date and bed him.

Ladders have their appeal, just like cranes do.

Lots of palms in SoCal n Florida.

Jomo

I was never one for ladder matches in wrestling, nor in tree work!

One additional note about tree pruning. When it comes to pruning larger trees; please call a professional arborist. Tree climbing can be very dangerous and should be left to a trained professional.

Please, stay off the ladders if you are going to use a chainsaw.

And of course the gas can was on the ground under the tree.

Hey! Maybe the tree needed some gas!!!

KD8GCkx.gif

I call it taking the stairs. If I have a bunch of trees to climb, and can reach the bottom limbs by 25' (well 30', standing atop the ladder), I just throw a line, set a climb line, and have my groundman move the ladder to the next tree when I'm off it, into branches. Often times, I can just climb off the ladder and start working, not needing to go higher, if its just canopy raising. Less body strain. Saved me climbing hundreds of trees.

Like a long pole saw, its great with the right trees, and terrible and dangerous for the wrong trees.

Sometimes setting a line is a PITA for various reasons. I can stand the ladder up steeply, and put my lanyard around ladder and trunk, so I'm secured, and can set a climbing line to get to pruning.

Tree killing, spurs!

TIE IN with ladders.

Retopping a red oak done 20 odd years ago, amazing how little rot from the previous hammering. Took it back to old points or thereabouts.

One for the purists.

Attachments

• D99A0C82-34C4-4BD1-8947-F35DFE9BD523.jpg
    D99A0C82-34C4-4BD1-8947-F35DFE9BD523.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 51
Back