The Official Work Pictures Thread

So I donned my SRT gear and sliced her down with some rigging and little cuts where necessary.
20181113_122315.jpg 20181113_140906.jpg 20181113_141757.jpg 20181113_145750.jpg

Mike only got a couple of snippits...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ztG9aqZR5Cs" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He swung this one off the house a tad quick.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UFA9T4n6aVo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

If I was the homeowner, I'd take that big lead back and let it develop from there.

Attachments

• 20181113_122315.jpg
    20181113_122315.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 41
In my world, it was a visual thing. Trimming powerlines in residential/whatnot areas you didn't wanna leave any hangers.

I went on a cat rescue a few years ago...$250 plus travel. The cat spooked while I was setting a throwline to install my climb line. It jumped from about 30 feet..I didn't see it but I heard the thud. It was sitting there all stunned like "what just happened"...the lady owner came out and took the cat in. I felt bad, but what the heck...I got the cat down. :D

Anyway, I pointed out to her a big pine limb hanger over the area (same tree) where her kids played. She asked if I could get it down. I was able to use a throw line to do it. Put all my gear up, she asked me about a few more trees, pressed a wad of cash in my hand and I left...nice lady.

I stopped down the road to count....$600. Best tip I ever got. That hanger was the clincher.:)

hahaha....not a bad idea. I did have another cat panic when I shot the BS up into his tree...he was probably 40 feet up...and fell when he heard the throwbag hit the tree about 20 feet above him. He tumbled out, thudded onto the dirt and promptly sat up -- but all crooked. He was leaning and swaying, all woozy...stunned and didn't look right. The owner insisted on giving me $100 as they bundled him up and ran him to the vet. I called them later...vet pronounced the cat fine and they had him back home.

Cats are stupid...and tough as hell.

When I was quite young, I heard that cats always land on their feet. Well, my little mind had to test the theory by throwing the cat down the basement stairs. They don't.

Gary was the cat from this last rescue a-ok? Fantastic tip!

GP my mental image of you as a sexy blonde super hero has been forever tarnished by this cat torturing story. :(

:D

Yep...I rescued one that was up 8 days, which included 2 ice storms...bad juju in GA.

Squishy...yep, that last tumbler cat that hit sideways from 40' up looked all stove up and punch drunk. I talked to the owner a week or so later and the cat was fine.

Crazy. Cats sure are tough. We lost a old cat here this fall. Musta been 13 maybe 14. No idea what happened to him or where he is but I assume he either crawled off somewhere and died or something more fierce finally took him out. I've seen a few wounds on that cat over the years that made me think he was a goner for sure, he tangled with a raccoon in recent years that tore him up real good. But he always bounced back from it. I rescued him once from a pole with my original bucket. He was just a youngster and smart enough to never get himself stuck again.

Back