The Official Work Pictures Thread

I get it from plumbing shops. Used for hanging pipe and mechanical. Has holes already for bolts as well. Unistrut or Strut channel.

Attachments

• Z0GAI0fo5oy.JPG
    Z0GAI0fo5oy.JPG
    7 KB · Views: 30
Thanks! Lol. First thing that comes off my pickups when I buy them. Still have the one that came with the truck. Damn trailer jacks are always an issue as are heavy things and the latches. So I install channels and use 1x6 off the mill. Works fine for the goose neck too. Looks redneck, but practical.

See above post, MB... So, you remove it because trailer jacks are heavy?

Trailer jacks proximity bad.
Heavy objects are another issue since people don't give a shite and slam shite too heavy down on a tail gate.
Latches on tail gates always break.
3 issues listed. Am I painting a better picture for you, or should I have brought my crayons? :lol:

Stephen, I always put flip up tongue jacks on all my trailers for just that reason. Tailgates are just too handy to remove from the truck IMO.

Most of mine are flip up as well. Save one. Don't like leaning over tail gates either to reach into the truck. Especially my 4wd.
Allows me to use the bumper as a step in as well. I put rubber non slip on the bumpers for that reason. Gate sits too high for me.
When I sell a truck, I just put the gate back on in good condition. ;)

Had a fun day. Rigged out seven more today. Done with the hill part of the job.
FC95BDA2-C24B-4DE6-8B24-34BE0CA07EEE.jpg 925F3A44-CADE-4493-988E-CCB9F3C0F2C2.jpg
Tomorrow is four removals in the back yard. A decent sized walnut, a bean pole walnut, a bean pole of a cherry, and one big ass cherry. Everyone is happy the hill is over but the back yard is gonna be a long drag. No access for the skid steer since the weather decided to warm back up. Boss just wants them down and chipped. Wood can stay till it freezes again. It’ll be another great day for me8)

Gotta love the stretch of frozen ground we had, eh!?. We banged out removal of 17 dead ash over 3 days, nary a mark on the sacred lawn;)

It sucks here the next two weeks are day time highs in the mid upper thirties, over night freezing, but it makes for short days.

Frozen ground is a god-send. What do you figure, able to do up to 25%-50% more on many a FG job compared to the same lawn job unfrozen.

Most of mine are flip up as well. Save one. Don't like leaning over tail gates either to reach into the truck. Especially my 4wd.
Allows me to use the bumper as a step in as well. I put rubber non slip on the bumpers for that reason. Gate sits too high for me.
When I sell a truck, I just put the gate back on in good condition. ;)

I hear that. Stepping up into the back over/onto the gate sucks. I carry a milk crate just for it. I may go your route, sounds practical.

I was thinking about how to incorporate the boards as dirtbike ramps. But probably to short? My current tailgate is slightly bowed and requires a flathead screwdriver to open. So not a terrible loss to pull off. Lol.

I was thinking about how to incorporate the boards as dirtbike ramps. But probably to short? My current tailgate is slightly bowed and requires a flathead screwdriver to open. So not a terrible loss to pull off. Lol.

Yeah, the boards would be a tad thin and short. Short may not be too bad, but you would have to strengthen the board with like a 2x6 backing. And there are ramp kits you could always play with.

I've built my own ramps with 2x8 ish but made them 8' long. Work good for loading a dirtbike. Would be cool if the tailgate doubled as the ramp, but I don't see it working out in a simple fashion. Rubber grip tape looks good!

Has held up so far, I figured for 6.00, I'll try it. I've hurt myself slipping off the bumper a few times. So far, they stay on and are not peeling back or anything. Been months. It has helped. Might try it on the trailer frames where I step up on the trailers. Granted I washed the chrome good making sure no grease or such before I stuck them on.

I really want to rig up a couple of the steps that are on my newer truck onto my old 95. I've never found anything better for getting in and out. Custom though. Gotta build it. You can see the side one here and almost see the back one a bit. Sticks out just past the bumper and can be used with the tailgate up or down. Mounted to the side of the hitch, doesn't interfere at all. The side one you can see is super handy for getting in or out of the box or rummaging in the dry box. Mounted to the frame

IMG_0506.jpg

I'm fixing to sell that newer truck and come to think of it I doubt I'll get a penny more for leaving them on. Might see if I can move them over to my other truck.

Watch out for that wolf!!!

Koda kubota. Ran over in my driveway by my best friend in my own truck. He was a great little dog. Ran co-pilot with me plowing or anywhere I went. Was well known to piss on strangers when they weren't looking. Lol.

Back