The Official Work Pictures Thread

See... just some slight confusion!

4tnb6r.jpg

All things in steps -- handheld cordless Milwaukee hammer drill, corded Milwaukee Hole Hog, corded Bosch hammer drill, then on to the rented core drill... used 'em all at various times & applications.

What..............a spin off.

Don't you realize we don't do that around here.

Ever.

Classic...
The job is done, the Makita cordless drill worked fine, the 3'6" auger bit worked a treat, just had to back it out from time to time to clear the very tip (small screw-like threads on the pointy bit got a bit clogged in the wet wood) Bob did the drilling and he said it was fine. The drill comes with a nice long handle that really helps with the torque.
We put two 3/4" threaded rods in, one through the cracked section and one above through both leaders. We had put a Spanish tourniquet and a 4:1 system up high and hauled on it to bring the crack as close as possible.
Once the bolts were in and secure, I tightened the cables that I had put up last week, and let go the 4:1...nothing moved, tight as.
Pictures tomorrow.
Thanks for the input gents, it all helped!

I wish I had a crane:cry:
Cutting out 20+ trees off of a steep hillside to make room for an addition. Forgot to get any pictures till I was on the last cut of the day.
6B076559-EBFE-4C9B-9BDD-16EE91A43CF1.jpg
Left this one at twenty foot. Should’ve left it much higher to use as a gin pole for tomorrow’s trees. Any how we’re gonna rig them down and use the winch to bring them over to it before taking them down hill. I’m hoping the boys are in a better mood tomorrow. Attitudes toward the end of the day kinda sucked. I think there might be a temporary crew change in order very soon. :/:

Hate when that happens Rich. Been like that today here as well... Just go go go and damn.......

Couple days this week I actually got some before and afters of a brushing job we are working some more this year.
"Raking the forest" if you will.......

Before....

20181210_093109.jpg 20181210_093120.jpg 20181210_093116.jpg 20181210_093129.jpg

After..... 20181211_144741.jpg 20181211_144736.jpg 20181211_144733.jpg 20181211_144712.jpg 20181211_144705.jpg 20181211_144702.jpg 20181211_144754.jpg

It was a tad foggy in the morning so the pictures look blurry. Might have gotten the lens misty.
Couple more trips out to tie in with last years work.

Attitudes at the end of the day can plummet, fatigue and the growing realision of the futility and hopelessness of existence start to gnaw away at the soul.

Either that or it’s about what time we can all go home.

Nice pics Steven. Ok for fires now?

Re. the end of the day.

Me and the crew hate finishing late, if we’re not raking up and driving home by 3ish, we’re all unhappy.

We had a neighbour come up and scold us about making a lot of noise in a built up area (chipper and saws) between 12 and 2.

Fact is if we’d have waited till 2 we wouldn’t have been home til 5, we stop for a sanger for 20 minutes, and crack on.
Home as soon as possible.
But we’re all English.

Cultural differences..

I like that wooden tailgate Stephen. :thumbup:

Thanks! Lol. First thing that comes off my pickups when I buy them. Still have the one that came with the truck. Damn trailer jacks are always an issue as are heavy things and the latches. So I install channels and use 1x6 off the mill. Works fine for the goose neck too. Looks redneck, but practical.

Back