The Official Work Pictures Thread

I'm a student of humanity. It's always interesting to me how everyone thinks up these good jokes to pull on others. Only rub is, my idea of a good joke certainly wont be that funny to them.

We had a crane guy who got his hours on a piledriver. He was hoisting us in the manbasket, up and down a 130' tower like he was still driving piles. Fun and scary like a fair ride.

Cool stuff. You live in an interesting and colorful place Deva.
You would have liked my grandmas place. Orange tree in an enclosed patio. First, they surrounded the tree with a patio in the brick BBQ area on the back of the house.
Then, put a roof over the patio, trimming the tops back to fit.
Then enclosed the patio with walls and window. Put in a wall heater. Used to watch tv with the family in there on Sundays. Grandma decorated the tree with little stuffed birds. Grandpa would prune the tree occasionally. Eventually it died. Grandma had him cut a few limbs flat for potted plants. Still kept stuffed birds on it. Put some silk vines and such about it. Eventually, the stump started rotting and had fruiting bodies. Grandpa finally was allowed to remove it and fill in the hole.

Client sent this one from Saturday before an ice "storm". No matter how many bounces and TIP test I do, climbing so far away from the trunk takes so much more focus and attention to movement in the canopy. IMG_0509.jpg

Rolled solo on a beautiful, dry, warm, pnw January day.

I hung a couple bouquets in the tree to open a lane to drop and catch the top. Wiggly, dead, possibly root-damaged cedar with unusual, dark heartwood in branches. Not super encouraging. 20" dbh ish.

Crispy top.

Leaving a bunch of branches to deaden the shock was important.

After catching the top, and lowering it to the bouquets, I wrapped the rope on a stub, and descended.

I could cut and throw a number of small branches onto the path, around plants.

I could flip the wraps off the stub and lower off the rigging crotch, chunking it apart without squashing a bunch of under planting.

I was going to lower the remaining branches in a single deal, but realized I need dampeners to chunk the stem onto plywood, as the entire drainage has heavy landscaping cloth. I decided to take about half of the remaining limbs.

Might rope some short chunks. Homeowner wants to use them, along with the butt log to stabilize the sloughing slope.

Might not be in a good order... Uploading from my phone.

Pushing the top
IMG_20190126_141917310.jpg

Top with Bouquets attached
IMG_20190126_143819362.jpg

IMG_20190126_143813786.jpg

IMG_20190126_150533714.jpg

Did a removal the other day and the homeowner posted pics and a video here-
https://www.s197forum.com/threads/photos-and-video-of-the-forums-resident-tree-hugger.135827/
Video link- https://photos.app.goo.gl/9K9L8FRQjN58vECz7

Actually this job ties in well with the discussion in the other thread. We were able to do the entire job with only two fence panels removed (fancy, expensive, PITA plastic fence) and I flew everything out over the fence. After we chipped all the brush we pulled the chip truck out, dropped the chipper and backed the trailer into place. Not a single log was moved by hand and they were only handled once. Without the material handler the job would have been twice as long (or more) since only one vehicle at a time could get through the fence.

There's a guy near me who does the same thing and blew the ring gear on his bucket. I don't know the details but no one was hurt.
So do you figure wear and tear into the longevity of your MH before replacement?

I never thought of tongs as being reliable enough for a critical lift...but apparently so. I have never really been around them much.

Sure must be a quick way to set up a pick. Cool to see how that works.

Back