The Official Work Pictures Thread

Zane: That was freakin awsome, bro. Thanks fer posting.

Corey/Rajan... Big companies suck. I just went to work for a family/owned, and their millennials just wipe the floor with Davey's millennials. Still can't sharpen to save their ass. Ya gotta teach them kids. Super weird how one learns to compromise one's technique (dumping huge logs down flat with a straight Bastard cut through the back with no face by pushing down hard on the butt while it exits the stick) in order to compensate for shoddily maintained stuff. Different strokes.

Become the mentor they need.

Ripping and chipping that whole tree?? That is epic all by itself, imo.

Impressive!

Why would you need the man-lift for the triple co-dom?

Why did you take the stairs (ladder) since you were spurring?

I often have to comedown mid job to help get on top of the clear up, then a ladder to get a few m?tres back up the tree is very handy.

How hard is it to bring a ladder?

Ya fuggg the ladder imo,hate it lol. 34' of sheer fear.hate it. The guy had already slapped it up and was giving me a hard time about my dislike. I obliged...

Sean, the three spars are joined at the trunk and of course all inclusive n such,also a few dead spots on the trunk from rub. So the other guy claimed it was rot,looked compartmentalized to me. The rest is history.

Frig a ladder too. How in the fook is climbing a ladder with spurs on easier than climbing the Tree?

Awesome work everyone.

I had a ladder incident a year or so back. I came up to other workers task after I finished mine(orchard ladder was against some bushes) I climbed up the ladder to finish what he started and sure enough it was not stable,it started falling,I decided to jump off backwards hoping to land on the ground,I was on the 8th or 9th step,both feet my toes hit the bottom rung. Jammed em up good,couldn't walk for 12-14 days....now things are little different when I ladder!

Nasty.

Lotta bad falls from orchard ladders.

One of my guys wasn't being smart with one, set it up on flagstone :|: with no rope tying off the 3rd leg, he went down like a ton of bricks when the ladder splayed out flat, bent 2 rungs on the ladder in the fall, very lucky to be basically unhurt.

I take the stairs, 25', and stand on the top of the rails, once I'm secured. Gets me to working height for a lot of canopy raises, or at least into/ close to the canopy, often times.

If your ladder set up sorta steep, with a ratchet strap (s) to the trunk, in place of a groundie who could be chipping/ bucking/ raking, you can add a lot of control with your lanyard, starting at ground level. Treating it sorta like a gaff-out, you can squeeze the lanyard to fight wobble.

Thanx fellas.

I couldn't help but think of Rich's recent cookie cutting party when I rolled up to that drop zone.
I was thinking- meh, could be worse- hahahaa glad your gettin through it there Rich. Looks a tough winter from my screen.

Back