The Official Work Pictures Thread

It's something I see in larger companies employees just don't care if they are running a dull saw or dull chipper knives "oh well not my shit" kinda deal.
Cory you can honestly say that previous generations didn't take pride in what they did compared to the newer generations? You ever had a millennial on the job site? I'll give you a hint : worthless

Every once in a rare while I'll see somebody that takes pride in what they do. For what I see in the arborist field, they are usually at comps, conferences, or forums like this. For the majority, pretty mediocre. Compare to the average person in Germany or Japan, it's a pretty low bar.

What's the avg dbh there? Do I see some old big stumps in there? Too steep for a FB? Thanks.

Its second growth, so yes theres some old growth stumps from the first logging.

Dbh around 20".

Way to steep overall. Heres another pic to show how steep.

Attachments

• 20180206_081343.jpg
    20180206_081343.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 40
Wow that is steep. Good pics.

How many fallers for all of that? No bucking, right? That must be crazy dropping trees all day long without bucking or limbing. After awhile you can probably size up a tree by sense of smell8)

Theres two of us in there. Small part of what we cut this week. We usually get at least an acre per man per day. At times we cut twice that.

We have to buck the big ones. You can see some fell side hill in that first pic, those are bucked.

IMO lead by example and others will follow.

I think, like with most things, it's a case by case basis.

My head guy is a millennial, he's an animal. He does things different than me, I'm methodical while he's more rough. But he feels he can do tree work overall as well as anyone, so yes he takes pride.

Sounds like the larger companies you speak of need better leadership. Just my opinion from afar.

That's why I posted the above.
I am glad you have a guy who thank pride in what he does. They are hard to find.

Theres two of us in there. Small part of what we cut this week. We usually get at least an acre per man per day. At times we cut twice that.

We have to buck the big ones. You can see some fell side hill in that first pic, those are bucked.

Lordy, you sleep well at nite!;)

I am glad you have a guy who takes pride in what he does. They are hard to find.

I will agree 1000% they are hard to find. I thought earlier you were basically saying hard working millies didn't exist.

Heck, good hard workers of any vintage are hard to find, especially for tree work, imo. I had a Guatemalan guy, 50 years old, been climbing for years, old school, could do it all. Hardest worker I've ever seen in my life. 5'6", 215lbs of pure, easy going, ox.

You ever had a millennial on the job site? I'll give you a hint : worthless

Lol, I was thinking more about this situation and remembered that the white millennial who replaced the Guat guy was in fact deeply worthless. Pathetic. But he liked to put a bravado face on it and was convinced he did great work despite the reality of the situation. He lied a lot too but that might have been just a personal failing as opposed to generational.

Zane: That was freakin awsome, bro. Thanks fer posting.

Corey/Rajan... Big companies suck. I just went to work for a family/owned, and their millennials just wipe the floor with Davey's millennials. Still can't sharpen to save their ass. Ya gotta teach them kids. Super weird how one learns to compromise one's technique (dumping huge logs down flat with a straight Bastard cut through the back with no face by pushing down hard on the butt while it exits the stick) in order to compensate for shoddily maintained stuff. Different strokes.

Lil eucalyptus removal,approx 100' ,30" trunk...
0eac95775acbde4bdf9cd6c1e1e91adf.jpg
7e7fa75c7871924d4b130233e4368562.jpg
d2dbaf9e094a165212ce4f436297faa9.jpg
dcf51467093340eb1e902e0c88cc03bc.jpg
539f25e23ba271e90ccbd5bc10d92bb0.jpg
b4bb016f3647a6cf39bdb46be150ab60.jpg
4ea2d75e457b448cbaaa58183ac76b21.jpg
7557cf777a2890d88df68f24d92bdc8f.jpg
d8893f0da378c71c312ccb22e91ce5dc.jpg

Thanks Gary,I didn't ask him the numbers on this job as the other climbers did not produce and it took longer than expected.
I would have charged 3500-4000 for that tree, lots of variables and risk,took better part of 2 days with me and 2-3 groundman,just the way we have to process the wood really.we rip and chip the wood with Vermeer 1800.
I ended up doing most of the work on this job,had 6 other trims as well.
One of them the other guys both climbed but would not trim one section of a massive triple co-dom. The certified arborist said would only do the trim with a manlift that would reach, i said i will climb it.lol I did that portion of tree this morning.

I will agree 1000% they are hard to find. I thought earlier you were basically saying hard working millies didn't exist.

Heck, good hard workers of any vintage are hard to find, especially for tree work, imo. I had a Guatemalan guy, 50 years old, been climbing for years, old school, could do it all. Hardest worker I've ever seen in my life. 5'6", 215lbs of pure, easy going, ox.
Hard working millennials around here don't exist. A guy I know had an older Mexican on his crew and that guy was a pure horse as well, it didn't matter that there was a machine on site he would grab chunks and hump them to the truck. Without complaining! Then at lunch he would cook the whole crew tacos on a propane stove he would bring. Crazy!
Lol, I was thinking more about this situation and remembered that the white millennial who replaced the Guat guy was in fact deeply worthless. Pathetic. But he liked to put a bravado face on it and was convinced he did great work despite the reality of the situation. He lied a lot too but that might have been just a personal failing as opposed to generational.
Last year we had a guy just like that. We were training him how to climb and he was doing well but then started to fizzle and lying about how ropes got cut, missing gear, and so on. Shame really.

Back