The Official Work Pictures Thread

My few pet peeves of the Senas.
Guy hucking louggys all fuggin day in my ear.
Belching, in my ear.
Eating in my ear.
Yelling in my ear (why they think they have to?)
Removing ear muffs from their ears thinking they just don't need any more instruction.
Lack of response or acknowledgement when being directed to a task. Literally thinking they spoke, but never uttered a word.

Other than that, I would never work with out. But I have chosen when to just not.

So what is the sign for: " You wasted too much time masturbating in a lay off"?

I am pretty sure it's the international sing of "jerking off" then a abrupt finger pointing at the offending person then a pointing at a brush pile with a circular motion with a flick to the chipper .

Nice one Jed.

Different companies have different vibes, takes some getting used to.

You?re like a dog that?s been adopted from the pound, still can?t quite believe it?s true, expecting to be taken back to the pound any day.

Man, Mick, you've got a way of seeing things as they are. :lol:

Stig: Yeah... that's what I'm afraid of. :lol:

Rajan: You're right... that's what I'm gonna try to do.

So the com thing.... I guess I'm getting used to it... a bit. I dunno... the joking around with the guys can be really cool... it's just.....
I dunno. It's weird, I think that I miss being alone in my own head way up there... anybody know what I mean? Taking the boys with ya up there is pretty cool in it's own right, but, I dunno... it's just not the same.

Sean: Re the sustainability thing.... it's just such a very much more relaxed pace around there, that... just weirds me out a bit I guess.

Oh... the equiptment's insane though. Huge chippers. Cool grapple truck. Here's some pics of Jake with a crane they just bought. We kinda take the trees in turns till they get all my equiptment stuff sorted. I've been doing more ground work than I've done in ten years. I actually like it, sorta. :|:

135' of stick, plus it's got another 35' on the jib... Brian poked the entire Cottonwood out of the back yard from the freakin driveway... no jib.

20180118_105527.jpg 20180118_105436.jpg 20180118_105346.jpg 20180118_105413.jpg

Had you done crane work before, I can't remember. You must be loving an in-house crane.

135' of stick? Is it a 40 or 45 ton?

From Thurdsday. Working on a prune and cable. Had to put uff the rest rest of the mistletoe toe removal as it rained on Friday making the tree too slippery to finish it out. Plenty of work on the place, so we took some down out behind it.
Then off to rescue one of my mom's cats up a triple top cdear. All the way up in one of tops. Kitty was Co operative and happy to be on the ground. But not too happy with the bag man :/:

Attachments

• 229ECF3D-.jpg
    229ECF3D-.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 234D2764-.jpg
    234D2764-.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 2018011895161135.jpg
    2018011895161135.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 41
Having large shade trees spreading their limbs over the house is a beautiful thing on a hot California day.

Mick, I trimmed it away from the carport and reduced the weight significantly. That limb is the better part of 18" back the the stem. Horrible to wound the tree like that. There were two of those. Set up 2, 4 ton Tree Guard cables and a 2 ton to help with the lower fork of that limb. I will be bolting two limbs together in hopes they stop rubbing and graft. They are over the entry. Very large shade tree keeping full sun off the house most the day. Sits in a nice court yard patio. I'll get pictures of it after I am done further. Nice old tree. About 36 dbh.

They have been rubbing pretty good. Would that be standard procedure to evpose Cambium? Never trod this before. Buy this species grafts pretty regular in the wild. The limbs are interdependent for their structure and weight even after reduction. It would leave a large hole if I remove the smaller one even.

I'd suggest Guy as a person to ask.

Seems like live-cambium to live cambium might help.

Orchardists use a grafting compound when joining the two pieces.

I'm just wondering and speculating.

The main problem with scuffing the bark for large limb grafting is the time span from the cut to closure. Exposed cells become dysfunctional quickly when exposed to air. Most grafting is a fast cut and seal procedure. You can try cutting but just bolting the limbs together will go a long way towards getting a potential graft.

Back