The Official Work Pictures Thread

Burrr that’s cold! It was 14 degrees at work this morning but I was on the ground moving enough to stay plenty warm. I can’t imagine being in the tree at those temperatures.

hahaha...he lives in a 3rd world hovel!

"Dripping pipes"...they tell people down here on the radio and TV to let the water drip. Few people (in Atlanta area) have insulated pipes..probably almost none where Butch is in Louisiana.

The South is different.

haha...yes, we do have insulation. Not exactly a Burmese basha here.

american-army-sgt-james-fletcher-with-some-kachin-scouts-in-burma-e1cw2g.jpg

Expecting a heat wave tomorrow...32c, low humidity, windy and a total fire ban, strike team pre-positioned in the next town, 6 extra trucks and a helicopter.
Dry as, here at the moment.

I lived in B'ham 45 years ago, and seem to remember light dustings of snow every now and then. Seems builders would prepare for that. But maybe not.

Glad to see you're digging the new gig Jed.

I have no tree work pictures myself from the last few weeks, it's been hanging around 5 degrees up here.

At Christmas eve, someone asked how my slow season was going. I told her I packed up/ hitched up by magnetic LED lights the night before, at 530-6pm.
I avoid morning darkness more than evening darkness.

Happy new year. Back at it after a lovely break.

Today we were repollarding Lime trees at the Swedish Embassy/ Residence in Oslo. Plenty more to do and not a bad job for winter.

bb6c72cfb511efbd4c9a472254cb0867.jpg

bcd5875e089cd0576e72405ccd65073d.jpg

b47f46b7cde2aa28888d8574435b449e.jpg

410ae83111b155a1480a00132a3fed48.jpg

Rich

Yes.

The novelty wears off after about 10 minutes.

Just gotta crack on with it really. I wish I had some earbuds today as soon me chunes would have been great.

Edit: the firm I used to contract to, when I was travelling over from the UK had the contract for Oslo Kommune. 1200 of those b'stids had to be done every year. They used them as fill in jobs to get extra hours after work or in a Saturday.

That was good money but very tedious indeed.

I am elsewhere tomorrow for another company so it wasn't too bad today for a first day back.

Back