The Official Work Pictures Thread

I call it taking the stairs. If I have a bunch of trees to climb, and can reach the bottom limbs by 25' (well 30', standing atop the ladder), I just throw a line, set a climb line, and have my groundman move the ladder to the next tree when I'm off it, into branches. Often times, I can just climb off the ladder and start working, not needing to go higher, if its just canopy raising. Less body strain. Saved me climbing hundreds of trees.
If an extension ladder's handy and the first limbs aren't 40'+ up (as with some local pin oaks), we have been known to make use of it for initial access, to save on some hip thrusts. But not for working off of, typically.

No, not for working off of.

Climb up ladder with self-belay, groundie moves ladder to next tree, prune on the way down, descend. Set a line... rinse and repeat.

I had an apartment complex with deodor cedars too close to the building, 25' and under. Rinse and repeat x40.

If a ladder is there and it is needed I’ll use it. Depends on a number of things.

Working in a beautiful spot yesterday by Norway’s largest river. Summer cottage on the shore. Quite a few of the trees have blown over so we were removing some of the largest.

6 done yesterday, climbed around power lines etc. Previously we managed to tell another 11.

Attachments

• F4344BB0-99E9-4C95-8279-0322FBC3D035.jpeg
    F4344BB0-99E9-4C95-8279-0322FBC3D035.jpeg
    399.8 KB · Views: 60
Lovely.
I'll be going to Norway in January.
I'm really looking forward to that.

Thanks, I would love to, but we'll be at the other end.
Kirkenes.
My wife wants to see what the sub arctic is like in winter and since I really like to travel with her, I'll go as well.

City folk care about 2 things: roots and cage free kale :drink:

Back