The Official Work Pictures Thread

'

The snow is gone for now...Here's a couple Maples I worked on yesterday. Unremarkable work with some gear and technique deficiencies but I got them down. No vid of the trunks being felled, too focused on my z rigs and notches etc. Going back today to finish: drag branch to the pickup, kibble with loppers and load trunkwood that was left to big because I'm a hero that likes a sore back.

Maples b4.jpg Maples 50%.jpg
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ghFhg5E1Rv4" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got done just in time for the snow to start. Ended up poking a stick through the cage of the backrack and rear window of the truck I borrowed from work. Que sera.

Maples after.jpg

I've farmed out the cleanup before but one guy dropped f-bombs within earshot of the customer while we dragged and another guy took 6hours to clean up a 50' spruce. I could have hauled it in that time. I'm a side jobber but I still don't want to be associated with poor manners or crappy clean up.

Ryan, ever thought of choosing a few cuts a bit to allow you to flip the bits towards the exit point?

IMO it is the sign of a great as opposed to good climber, as it makes clear up a lot quicker and smoother, whether on your own or with a crew.

Shame about the stick poke mind, but nice work.

Thanks Rich. Good point about the exit. When I flew a bucket for line clearance I would cut an outlet to funnel branches down but seemed to have lost that foresight.
I have to repair the window without the company brass finding out. 700 for the glass and 300 for the labor. $1000 I get to eat . Like that Pursuit of Happiness oldie. "Had to laugh to prevent myself from crying".

Back