The Daisy Chain Hitch

I like it, thanks! I use the daisy chain on my lanyard all the time and a similar hitch for tying the horse to a hitch rail. Just never thought of trying it as a rigging hitch.

Pretty sweet. I'll give it a whirl tomorrow. Of course I'll probably be down in the basement tying it 5000 times tonight just so it looks natural to me by morning.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I posted this on treebuzz back in 2009 but it was just pictures, not a video. The reception was lukewarm at best.

On a side note, between myself, the tree service where i used to work, and the Englishman who showed us this knot, we have over 30 years of combined experience using this as our primary rigging knot instead of the running bow. It's a beauty.

the horse knot. definitly the knot the gets used most in my day to day. for very heavy thgs it jams a bit too tight in my experience. but yeah that knot is very usefull.

Played with this knot this morning on a little pin oak removal.
I didn't trust it with the stuff over the house but I'm sure I would of been fine!(all in my head)
How much breaking strength does it take form the line?thoughts??
Thanks treemuggs:thumbup:

Out of curiosity Muggs, you mention some situations where you would still use a running bowline?

It sure is an interesting knot. Break testing it against a bowline would be cool, I bet it cinches down quite a bit if you really force it. It's neat, when you pull it down to the last bight you basically have a bowline with an non-captured loop.

Cheers

I used to work with a guy that used that, never knew it's name. The groundies loved it, so fast and easy to untie.

Back