Climber/ Treeworker Injuries and Treatments

One thing about healthy eating I've noticed over the years- some of the healthiest people I know have died from cancers. A naturopath I knew was the #1 healthiest person I knew. His diet was vegan and was clean and perfect, and he got plenty of exercise etc. Died in his late 40's a few weeks after being diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. Perhaps his diet was too clean. Perhaps when his body was exposed to some negative heath factor in the environment, it couldnt deal with it because it normally only received good, healthy inputs. Whereas someone with a more average or marginal lifestyle and eating habits could handle that same negative factor without dying cuz their body is already used to dealing with a degree of garbage in the system.

It's like at work on these sweltering days, I normally only drink water but everyday I bring a cooler full of iced Gatorade for the men. Gatorade tastes awesome but I virtually never drink it because I'm under the impression it is garbage food, it seems like liquid potato chips. But when it is extra mad-hot out, I'll have one because 1) the electrolytes are a good thing, and drinking only water can be inadequate, and 2) a little garbage food, a few garbage food additives, some garbage food coloring, may be a good thing to keep one's system with the resiliency it needs to deal with negative environmental health inputs. As opposed to the naturopath mentioned above who ever only ingested pure and healthy food and drinks.

It was pretty terrible butch.

Results from my Cta and chest echo were good. The docs and radiologist said I had a textbook heart. And there were no signs of any issues.

I didn?t get to talk to the doctor about my results ( I wasn?t happy about that) I had several questions on options and where/what I need to look into next. His Nurse practitioner was pretty clueless.

All she said was that I may want to look into a neurologist.

So I guess it?s back to my PCP and see what they say. I?m guessing a pulmonologist is next in the list .

In the meantime my wife went to the doc for a cough she has had for years. I rekin they are thinking she has bad asthma. I think she will get results next week.

I think I'm the only one here drinking Pedialyte instead of Gatoraid.

If it makes you feel any better, Butch, I took your advice on this issue. I also passed it along to another person suffering from muscle cramping at night, and it helped them, too. It's a night and day difference in my life, with regard to suffering muscle cramps.

Tim

This paper

Well that was quite dense, but interesting. Thanks for the link.

This fact was intriguing: "There is circumstantial evidence for a connection between cravings and the composition of gut microbiota. Individuals who are “chocolate desiring” have different microbial metabolites in their urine than “chocolate indifferent” individuals, despite eating identical diets"

Well that was quite dense, but interesting. Thanks for the link.

This fact was intriguing: "There is circumstantial evidence for a connection between cravings and the composition of gut microbiota. Individuals who are ?chocolate desiring? have different microbial metabolites in their urine than ?chocolate indifferent? individuals, despite eating identical diets"

Not being pernickety but, it?s not a fact if it?s just circumstantial evidence.

Very good call.

When i typed the word "fact", I said to myself 'is that the right word?' and just went with it. Shoulda said 'observation'.

I know I say Pedialyte but I really mean the store brand. It's way cheaper! Why did you mailorder it, Cory? That's gonna be a pain if you really start using it. I just buy it when I grocery shop.

I didn't know where to find it so I just bought it online to try some. If it's good I'm sure I'll find it locally.

Not being pernickety but, it?s not a fact if it?s just circumstantial evidence.

I wouldn't even call that evidence. There are many possibilities for two datas being apparently correlated : cause, consequence, indirectly correlated, coincidence...
It's very difficult to find the right answers with the humans, because many studies can't be carried out with a good statistical level. Humans are long lived (usually), with a poor reproductive rate, and penalized (from the experiment point of view) by both a complex population's genetic structure and a wide variety of habits/lifestyles.
You can't look at it like the laboratory mouses or the drosophila's genetic. Way too many factors involved.

Mick has a irrational fear of being happy and content. I recall him saying debt and stress are the only things that keep him getting out of bed in the morning.

I'm liking the wheat free eating. Wheat free, not necessarily gluten free, oats and barley have gluten and I'm not a coeliac. Cutting down on excess carbs also. Balance, protein, carbs, veggies fruit...it's actually quite fun.
The cookbook has just arrived at the bookstore so time to experiment with pancakes and wraps and scones...
I went to the local 'health food' store, got coconut blossom sugar (found that this summer in Bda...tastes good and marginally better than cane sugar) and coconut milk powder, gluten free mueseli...all very yummy if I say so myself. A kilo of fresh frozen blueberries fo $7.50...pretty good!
Poached eggs on rice cakes with cheese and a bit of ground flaxseed...we can go till mid afternoon before feeling hungry.

But the bakery is just around the corner...two of them, Must. Be. Strong.

Back