The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah man, they basically love to party!

Holy shit man, that had me laughing hard! Thank you, I needed that:lol:

Among many highlights-

"The king of not giving a single frig in the world."

:lol:

Gotta agree, barstool hit it out of the park with that one. So simple, so effective. Anyone could have taken any roster and tried to break it down, but they were the only ones that thought of it. And choosing Albany...well, it makes sense. There's a bit of thug life quality, in a good way, with that team.

I am a gigantic lacrosse fan. did y'all watch that goal vid? That chit brings a damn tear to my eye!!

Box rocks!!!

Do watch any NLL?

Nope. Rarely to never watch television. Only have Netflix that I mostly just watch the odd movie on.

But yah the box is brutal! I used to love smashing guys. Lol. It was such a violent sport and so different than hockey or rugby that I had played before that my first game I was like a few shifts in and it was go time. Fighting. We got scored on short handed due to my penalty and I remember the coach chewing me out in front of the team. I never once fought again in a game as the instigator. I thought it was a great outlet for a young teenager.

Sounds intense!

Have you played or play? Just field? Box is pretty quick and brutal at times. When I played it was still allowed the three running step cross check on any member of the other team when one of their players had possession. So violence ensued and you had to be very aware. Fun game, though skill always trumped all out violence it seemed. I played with some really good guys.

I played with some really good guys.

Well the 2 best players in the history of both the field and box game, Gary and Paul Gait, hail from BC.

I played field in HS and some in college. I was an average player but gawd did I love it. My son played field since 4th grade, had great success in HS and good success in 4 years of D1 college lax.

It's a heckuva game. As a parent it was quite intense rooting for your child and his teams.

Yah I bet it was exciting to watch as a parent. I remember being so pumped up playing. It's a great sport. I was a average player. I never started until I was in high school. I had to travel from my little village of Lumby 20 or so minutes into the big city of Vernon to play. I was one of only two guys from lumby on the team. And despite having no prior experience at all I stuck it out for years. Easily took until the second season before being somewhat accepted by the team. The team was guys all mostly from the same big Vernon high school that had played together their whole life. I literally played all other school sports against them all through high school. And the year I signed up I had knocked one of their mates teeth out in basketball with a elbow to the face. Ahhhh good times. Lol.

First practice ever me and my buddy the country bumpkins from lumber town show up for a no pads beginning of the season practice and the first thing my buddy Matt does is cross check the captain in a scrimmish and drop him like a sack of potatoes. Tears and everything. We were clueless. And did I mention popular?

Go Vernon Tigers!

It was a trip for sure, Levi.

Dont mess with dem vernon hicks!

My buddy Matt. The Italian stallion. His real name is Matteo.

I remember heading to our first tournament on the coast by bus and the team was razzing us two Lumby guys. Calling my buddy Matt a roaming stud Lumby. You know childish teenage boy stuff. Well he thought they were calling him a Roman stud Lumby and insulting his Italian heritage. He went mafioso in the bus and punched out one of the guys pretty good before it got broke up. As I said, the Lumby component of the team was very popular at the start. Lol.

Ha good one!

Ok, lax stories! The first one that comes to mind is in HS. Our team pretty much sucked, probably like a 6-6 type team, but we had a lot of fun. Ok our goalie makes a save and everyone breaks down the field to try to get a clearing pass from him. He throws me a so called 'buddy pass'... It's a pass that is too short, I turn around and come back a bit for it, catch it and turn back upfield to carry into the offensive end. Yes, the instant I turned, some guy had been lining me up from yards away, I turned into him and he blasted me with a huge running start. It was a 'yardsale'- stick and ball flying in different directions, me catapulting backwards onto my ass. I got the wind totally knocked out of me. I rolled over onto my hands and knees and kind of by instinct crawled over to where my stick was on the ground. I could see the guys on the other team's bench way over on the other side of the field going crazy over the hit and hooting and hollering over me crawling on the field.

One of those things where you fall hard on your tailbone and have trouble walking for several days thereafter;)

Interesting, I guess I thought that was happening everywhere, some good stuff made locally for sure. I like the love bars chocolate, good stuff. Have you seen that around? Not sure if it's national.

I did a job for the nut butter guy once, he's a bit of a wanker, as you might imagine.:lol:

Back