The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

Stolen from the Buzz...

I posted about them here years ago. Spent a fair bit of time working not far from there, around Bilpin, there was a mill there then. And along the Putty Rd that heads north. The Wollemi National Park is to the left off that.

Explore the Greater Blue Mountains | Bells Line of Road - https://www.greaterbellslineofroad.com.au/

Heading west from Sydney the Bell road was an alternate route to the main highway. Colo Valley on the right (where the pines are) and Grose Valley on the left. Nice country but pretty rugged.

You've been able to buy the seedlings for a fair while now. WollemiPine.com - Order - http://www.wollemipine.com/order.php

Last edited:
I doubt many will care about this. I barely do, but I'm trying to figure out how ignition coils work, and this article is fairly in depth. A little more depth than I want, but I think I got the useful bit I was looking for.

The tl;dr I'm interested in is how it knows when to fire. It always has an electric charge to power the coils. When it's time to fire, power is cut to the primary winding, and that causes the magnetic field to collapse. The secondary winding then generates 20kV to spark the plug. I'll read the whole thing later so I'm sure I understand.

Was my officially-now-ex-wife no help? I'll read her the riot act when she gets back to the home she has turned into a house.

Or not, because I'm a better person than that, but it feels good to feel resentful right this second.

Sorry, I'll shut up.

She was ok. It's the thought that counts. I dumped a bunch of stuff in her lap, and I would've been amazed if she could make sense of it. It's hard to do modern(ish) mechanicals via long distance, especially when it's likely an electrical/computer problem.

The impetus for seeking out how coils work, was I didn't understand how it could have 12V going to the coil all the time. It's a simple device, so if it's always powered, how does it know when to fire? Well, it knows when to fire when the voltage gets cut. It doesn't directly solve my problem, but it gives me a better understanding of the system, and points to the culprit. The culprit of course is the lazy bastard in charge of #2 coil that isn't operating the switch like he should. He's already got a gravy job. He only has to switch it off a few thousand times a minute. Think of the chainsaw elf that has to do it ~11k times a minute!

Excessive niacin possible cause of heart disease...

Findings are very preliminary, but it's worth paying attention to. Energy drinks can have high niacin levels, and if supplements are taken, it might be a good idea to exclude pills with niacin. With a normal modern diet, you should get as much as you need, and probably more.

It's annoying that both companies listed are doing via (cr)apps only. There doesn't need to be a special program to deliver web assets. There's already a perfectly suitable technology called a "web browser". A website can be easily updated, and accessed with any browser. No bloat in the programs list on your device, and no built in tracking or ads. Of course those last two points are the whole point, right?

Excessive niacin possible cause of heart disease...

Findings are very preliminary, but it's worth paying attention to. Energy drinks can have high niacin levels, and if supplements are taken, it might be a good idea to exclude pills with niacin. With a normal modern diet, you should get as much as you need, and probably more.
There's going to be a lot of people that will make a great case study on this. All the other juvenile delinquents that I knew, would turn themselves orange with niacin, in an effort to pass a UA. I never did any of that, I'd just refuse to participate.

Dan Lewis is going to send me a copy of the book. He started work on it before covid. He contacted me then and I sent him a copy of "Coast Redwood, Tree of Dreams and Fortune."

I never heard from him after that, until just the other day. He did it! Great!

Free, very interesting follow up article, or if you didn't see the first one, the back story is here too.

Back