Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

Levi

Oh yeah, been doing it since I was a about 12 yrs old. I have a very busy mind, the meditation is an essential balance keeper. I've been trying for the "no-mind" for 8 years but there any many...... distractions

Levi

http://realitysandwich.com/320959/th...d-a-new-story/

This was a quick read that I enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterBlaster View Post
    I can, if I vape some killer Kind beforehand.
    That's cheating, that would never fly at the Temple

Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Oh yeah, been doing it since I was a about 12 yrs old. I have a very busy mind, the meditation is an essential balance keeper. I've been trying for the "no-mind" for 8 years but there any many...... distractions
    So you can meditate first time every time? Impressive. Do you feel most anyone can learn to do it?
    Mastery is an illusion, grace a momentary gift, apprenticeship endless.

Interesting read, Levi. I could only skim it, seemed to be a little over the top to me but it raised good points about the major changes that may occur in the vacuum between the old and new presidencies.

Levi

For the most part, yes. It is difficult if I am in a compromised emotional state.

Yes, everyone can learn to meditate. A yogi once said- one can make the path to Krishna difficult for themself but it doesn't have to be so.

Levi

Quote Originally Posted by cory View Post
    Interesting read, Levi. I could only skim it, seemed to be a little over the top to me but it raised good points about the major changes that may occur in the vacuum between the old and new presidencies.
    Yes, it was a bit over the top but I agree with the main point, things are changing big time in many levels.

Is it at all like a drug high/ altered consciousness(without the physical buzz) or is it more like just being really calm and aware?

Levi

Very much like a drug but much better. I learned quickly that psychedelic drugs were a short cut to a higher mind or inner self but it is not a genuine version, it's cheating in my opinion. Not to say that you can't gain insight from drugs but not like meditation.

Patron saint of bore-cutters Sponsor stig's Avatar

We do it every time we start akarate class.
    Very short, but with my +40 years of practice, I can totally clear my mind of anything not karate in something like a minute.
    Allows me to concentrate 100% on what I'm there for, with no outside thoughts interferring.
    Deyr f,
    deyja frndr,
    deyr sjalfr it sama,
    ek veit einn,
    at aldrei deyr:
    dmr um dauan hvern.

Levi

I always thought of tree climbing as a forced meditation.