The Official Treehouse Articles Thread

I did enjoy that Stig, thank you! Although i got the impression that our distorted view on the world distorted the maps. And the translating a ball to flat paper is about impossible, if you've ever seen an orange peel map its about the most accurate there is, but it's impossible to use or even really see stuff hahahaha

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
+!!

Where else ya gonna find interesting stuff like this, but at da House!

Maps!!! Only 3 countries in the world NOT using the metric system...I knew 2 of them...Liberia I had no idea.

Cool link.

I really hope humanity can figure a way to turn it around. Cool creative folks like that guy are helping. I often wonder if I am.

I visited Texas earlier this year, and eggs still come in non recyclable STYROFOAM down there! What the frig is with that. Legit haven't seen that up here since the 90s.

I visited Texas earlier this year, and eggs still come in non recyclable STYROFOAM down there!

That is crazy. Styro is so bad. I pick up a lot of litter in general but I hit a new low/high last week, was dumping chips at dump which is adjacent to the garbage transfer station, driving in I saw what looked like a sizable quantity of small styro chunks on the side of road, driving out I confirmed it, pulled over, whipped out a litter bag and picked up the worst of it, figured peeps driving by must think I'm insane picking up garbage on the road to dump. But the dump is 1/2 mile from Long Island sound so I felt compelled to keep the chit outta the water.

Litter: The only thing worse than picking it up is not picking it up.

People can be fuckin pigs.
Good move Cory.
Some eggs still come in styrofoam here, mostly recycled stuff that turns to mush if it gets a little wet. Easy compost probably.

Ive never seen styrofoam like that.

Years ago I had some packing peanuts that dissolved into nothing when placed in water... musta cost too much cuz I've never seen them since.

No I mean the eggs come in styrofoam OR a recycled paper material that’s kinda like cardboard until it gets a little wet. Then it’s pretty much sludge.

I was thinking that had to be a huge factor. Or different cities/counties. it costs 10 cents for a plastic grocery bag here, should probably just ban them outright. you can't get plastic straws here anymore which seems like a good idea.

Back