Reduction Cuts = Retrenchment Pruning

treelooker

Treehouser
Yesterday I climbed a baldcypress that is under transmission lines so it's in an ongoing court battle.

The tree's response to last year's pruning puts the lie to the myth that reduction cuts to buds and small laterals aka "footing cuts" will trigger wild sprouting and rampant decay.

Last June I told their lawyers the pruning would provide 5 years' clearance and so far that looks about right. They may still try to make a case for removal but this evidence will not favor their cause.

In the last pic, it's the L-shaped tree on the right. 005 (Small).JPG 034 (Small).JPG 032 (Small).JPG 031 (Small).JPG 029 (Small).JPG 024 (Small).JPG 022 (Small).JPG 021 (Small).JPG 019 (Small).JPG 018 (Small).JPG 017 (Small).JPG 016 (Small).JPG 009 (Small).JPG 047 (Small).JPG

I pondered the notion of lawyers arguing about a bald cypress in a transmission corridor.
And now I feel sleepy. There is a nexus to this, of that I am certain.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I pondered the notion of lawyers arguing about a bald cypress in a transmission corridor.
And now I feel sleepy. There is a nexus to this, of that I am certain.
Yeah we'll see what their next move is. I kinda doubt the case will turn on science or economics, but power.

@ Guy - am curious if you plan to respond to letter in latest TCI Magazine that suggests otherwise; ie. the (BCMA) writer is not on board with your methodology.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

That wasn't a letter; it was a book! But I tried to reply respectfully, even if his logic wasn't clear. Seemed more like faith than belief.

Funny that the reply was 14 pages later.

Back