Official Guns Thread

I inherited a custom tailored Remmington Wingmaster 870, with Lyman poly-choke, from my grandad. By genetic anomaly, my grandfather and I are the same dimensions, so the gun fits me like a glove. Comb height, length of pull, it's all perfect for me. But it's my daughter's now, and someday, I'll have a stock built for her, once she stops growing.

Burnham, in regards to handsome guns, surely you'll know what I'm talking about when I say 1958 Superposed Lightning, Diana Grade?

Update #2: FN America sent the gun back, saying they can't fix it. I took it to a local gunsmith who fixed it right up for me. Shot 6 test rounds with no problems. We'll see how she holds up at the next round of sporting Clays.
I took the FN to sporting clays this afternoon for its first workout since the repair. On the 16th shot, and no misses, it fell apart again. :X

That sucks. Not difficult to silver solder that back on, their location might have been off a smidge, stressing it.
I had the same thing happen on a inexpensive o/u .410.
Loved that gun, fit me like a glove, I was deadly with it. The firing pins failed to retract, gun wouldn't open. I broke it open over my knee, breaking the clip off.
Took it in for repair, had it fixed and consigned it for sale...

Ed

I haven't been looking for anything
But my friend has this old revelation 12 gauge for 100.00 if i want it
IMG_20240302_101901.jpg
I'm going to look at it when I'm off work
No idea on the double barrel
I don't know if it's for sale or not.

These are funView attachment 131492
It took me near 7 month's to finally find one locally it's a Taurus tx .22 compact
View attachment 131493
I bought a couple of red dots to try I've never had one on a pistol View attachment 131494
Also put one on a 9mm shield plus
They seem to help me focus I have astigmatisms
Taurus has a three free mag and a range bag when you buy a tx.22
And smith still has three free mag's also when you buy a shield plus or EZ series.
Wasted money on dots i bought primary arms,crimson trace and cylee cat dots
Each of them worked perfectly but with my astigmatism
I'm far better with open sights IMG_20231112_120744.jpg
The kids like the dots so i left them on the pistols
She'd never shot a pistol much before and did very good with the red dot sighted pistols IMG_20231112_130020.jpg
She got a 6 point last deer season.

I put a red dot on my Browning Buckmark Varmint...wtf was I thinking? I wasn't.
Gun is moa capable, the red dot was a joke, one could not come close to using the gun to its capability.
Put a 2x Leupold on it, now its boring to shoot. 25 shots at 25 yards into a dime....I like boring. Lol

Ed

Back