Official Guns Thread

Those are nice and smooth Willie. S&W in .38 is the other contender for a new gun for Katy. She loves .357, but in a short barrel with her small hands... I doubt she would like it as much.

Sorry!

I couldn't resist!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/YfjTZLxekig" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Ha!

My gun loony buddy called tonight. 2.5 hours of talking about guns. I have thousands and thousands of dollars spent in my head at the moment........

Two projects to talk to the gunsmith about tomorrow. A 6mm Ackley Improved on a Remington action and a 22 Nosler in a 26 inch AR. Maybe a 22x6.8......not sure yet.

I need a CZ 527 in .17 Hornet and a Weatherby SA08 in 28 guage too.

Its not fair that I have expensive tastes yet should be so terribly broke.

My gunsmith lets me make payments! He sends me home with the gun first though, nice of him!

I would never complain. The last rifle he built for me was a blue printed 25-06 Ackley Improved, 26 inch Pac Nor barrel, HS stock, Timney wide face trigger with a Bushnell Tactical Elite scope.

All in was 1650! I worked for him for several years when I was a kid, and I let him hunt a full section exclusively, so I guess thats the trade.

He built an AR 15 for me in .221 FireBall for 300 bucks one time, plus a 1911 .45 and a titanium frame commander length 10mm. He treats me pretty well!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Keep me posted on the 6mm AI Jim. Look for a 40x action online to build off of maybe?

I'll play. This is the first I've seen of this thread. :)

I built my first firearm last summer. It's an AR, I'll have to dig up a picture later.

This is my current hobby. I've had it out to about 640 yds. Very satisfying

20170114_101919.jpg
Studio_20170115_204600.jpg

Good looking rig Evan. 640 yards is a loooong shot. It takes a fine rifle, optics and weather to make that happen. I've got a friend who is building them who wants to do a swap for a Colt single action army revolver that I own. I'm pondering it but I think the pistol might be worth a little more.

Back