Official Guns Thread

I agree! It's like owning a Ferrari and just leaving it sitting in the garage. Why own something that does nothing but sit there and not get used? I don't really own any high dollar guns...my AR is the most expensive one, but I machined the lower receiver from an 80% forging. I built the lower and found a nice upper for it on clearance. I keep it oiled and cleaned, but do I fuss over it? No. My nicest gun is a Mossberg 500 20ga youth shotgun. It's nothing special to some, but to me, it's my go-to skeet, deer getter and home defense weapon. It fits me well. I treasure it as a great shotgun. My concealed carry weapon is a .40cal Taurus that I found at a pawn shop, just like my shotgun.

All of these guns get shot, they get enjoyed, they get cleaned, they get used for what they are intended to be used for.

Just picked this up. Originally ordered a Ruger SP101 in 357 and CA axed it off the list. So I got this SP101 in 327 Fed Mag.
Kinda like the bugger. Fast high energy round.
I have since figured out a work around for the 357. I have to wait another week to run my DOJ on it. Only allowed one hg per 30 days.
Worth a look. Shoots a variety of 32 ammo as well.

Attachments

• tmp_28034-20170206_182737-414271358.jpg
    tmp_28034-20170206_182737-414271358.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 34
I'll mention, I am putting a different main spring in these. It comes factory with a 14 lb. I will put a 9 lb in it.
Ruger is going to make the shorter, or is making, a shorter.LCR version I believe. Little snubbed carry version. Might I will own it in that as well.

Thats a hog leg right there, stephen!

That little 2.5 inch SP101 that I carry everyday has a main spring that is too heavy too Stephen.

Brownells has Wolff variety packs that have different weight springs that you can buy to find what works right.

If you take your trigger group out, dont lose the little plunger and spring. That sumbitch flies out of there like an owl coming out of a barn.

My older bro's a gun freak Jim, target shooter, black powder comp shooter, walk in gun safe etc.

I got tired of blowin varmints to bits long ago meself.

But runnin down jack rabbits on an open class motoX desert bike's still a blast.

Jomo

You are correct about the 22. Until you get a bigger critter ready to eat you. Just pisses them off. I can take squirrel at 50 feet with a 38. So no worries.. :lol:
Or as Jim mentioned, you reload.

I got an old double barreled Rossi for close in work too Stephen. But one of the reasons I leave my doors unlocked.

Do you think givin somebody both barrels'd actually lift a man off the ground like in the movies mate?

I kinda doubt it meself. Move him backwards with a couple fist size holes real fast's more like it.

Even shootin from the floor upwards.

Jomo

I know you are not fond of the 2.5 Stephen, but this thing is really sweet.

I think they called it the Wiley Clapp edition. Novak rear, gold bead front. All the edges have been rounded slightly. You can see the melt job on the front of the cylinder.

Plus it fits in the palm of your hand! .357 to boot!

That's a beauty Jim. I bought the 3" barrel though and I am puttin a hair larger grip on it. Surprised to see you sporting thee stock handle myself. With your large mitts.. But I guess those mitts can hold her steady on the recoil. Me, I need my pinkie involved some .. :lol:

What's the shooter on the top there Stephen?

.44 Mag Virginian Dragoon. Shit and giggles gun. Traded an old Datsun pickup for it and some cash. It'll shoot. Single action though. I figure I might take it out hunting one day. Never know. Kind of needs a lever gun of the same caliber to keep it from getting lonely ;)
I bet you have big pockets! Gotta have a place to warm those hands up there :lol:

Back